Free E-Books?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free E-Books?

Awhile ago someone posted a site for free e-books but now for the life of me I can't find the post. It is probally right in front of me but still cant find it.

Help?

CrazyCatLady
    MS Does Not Define Me.....My Love of Tea Does! LOL!

i'm not sure what site youre referring to, i didn't see the original post. but i have a nook and get lots of free ebooks. of course, i get some off of barnes and noble, but also download from borders and christianbookdistributors or cbd.com for short.
    many online bookstores now have free books. sometimes they have very limited choices, and they change them up frequently. but i usually keep an eye out for them and have spent very little on my 100 or so ebooks.
    if it's from a site that's not connected to your ereader you can always download the adobe digital application and download the ebook into it. then it's just a matter of plugging in your reader and transferring it over.
    i've been thrilled with my nook. i know there's other good ones out there, not knocking them, this is just what i got and really like.
    happy ereading!
    take care and God bless ya!
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Originally posted by poohb3ar View Post
      if it's from a site that's not connected to your ereader you can always download the adobe digital application and download the ebook into it. then it's just a matter of plugging in your reader and transferring it over.
      I dont have my nook yet, we are going shopping today.
      So what you would do it basically download the free book to your computer then you transfer it to the nook? I am sure once I get the nook I will understand how it works LOL!.

CrazyCatLady

Comment

Sony Reader

When I got it when it first came out. I downloaded a lot of free clasics from manybooks.net.
        techie
        Another pirated saying:
        Half of life is if.
        When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
        Dogs Rule!

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyCatLady View Post
          I dont have my nook yet, we are going shopping today.
          So what you would do it basically download the free book to your computer then you transfer it to the nook? I am sure once I get the nook I will understand how it works LOL!.
          hope you enjoy it as much as i do mine. i esp. love the changing font size feature since these eyes don't see like they used to. it's easy to figure out. i'm pretty computer ililterate (spelling also it seems) and i figured it out. so i'm sure you will be able to! enjoy

techie, thanks for the website. always looking for good free or low cost ebooks. i read ALOT. and some free books aren't even worth the time to download them

take care and God bless ya'll
          "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

free ebooks

http://www.free-ebooks.net/ i use this one

http://www.getfreeebooks.com/

http://www.freebookspot.co/

Comment

Thank you! I just got my Nook yesterday and am looking for anything free!!!

CrazyCatLady

Comment

I have been pleasantly surprised by how many ebooks and audio books are available through our library - I'm set for a very long time Might be something to check out.

Comment

inkmesh.com--links to freebies of all formats.

pixelofink.com--Kindle only, but often if it's free on Amazon it is free elsewhere, so it tells me what to hunt for at Barnes and Noble.

Both are on Facebook as well, so if you are on there you can have new book links show in your feed.

Comment

Pixel of Ink (http://www.pixelofink.com/) now has both Kindle and Nook e-books.
                    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
                    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
                    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Thank you for posting this question CatLady, my Kindle will be here next week so I'll be looking for books.
                      DX 10/2008
                      Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
                      Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
                      Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

I also use pixelofink.com.

Often, I'll just got to the Amazon store , find the category that appeals to me and change the sort from "Best Selling" to " Price Low to High". All the free ones come up first, sometimes mixed with 99 cent ones, but if you keep looking you'll find tons of freebies before you run into the ones you have to buy.

Comment

I swear by manybooks.net
                          Also Gutenberg for classics. Or if you want to try audiobooks, go to Librivox. It's really a different experience, as you can't "fast forward" to the parts you want. I was a speed reader when I tried it (I was bored during travel time) and the details just come to life. Just a suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                          X