X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crazy people

after telling a few people about my recently diagnosed with ms several said
    " so are you going to be able to work still"
    " i had no idea, you look fine christy, are you sure you have ms and its not just a pulled muscle in your knee"
    or when your out in public and it happens to be at a time you are having a flare up and someone says " looks like someone has had to much to drink"

now, i have and will continue to work after all i have been working and running a successful medical office for 13 yrs.
    ~Christy's MS~

Comment

You talk funny...

Last weekend I volunteered at a Bike MS event. Another (non MS) volunteer said very seriously,
      "So how long has your speech been effected?" - My speech is not effected I have a slight NY accent and she thought it was cause of MS LOL My friends at the event were laughing it was very funny!

Comment

I haven't experienced it yet, just got my DX but for all of you who have gotten "You look great" comments there is a tee shirt I want or even just to say to someone. "this disease must do wonders for my looks, everyone keeps telling me how great I look".

Comment

i think the best one i got was when a co-worker asked me what was wrong with me and when i told her i had ms she almost smacked her jaw on the floor and squeeked...."omg !!! thats AIDS isn't it??"

still gives me a headache to remember that one......

Comment

I have heard the "You look too good to have MS" thing a few times, too. duh.

The stupidest thing that has ever been said to me was by the home health nurse who was supposed to teach me how to self-inject my Rebif. I had three steps up to my back porch at that time. She immediately told me that I would need to move right away because "if you have ms you can't live in a house with steps". And she threw in the "you can't work" thing, too. Amazing that I worked for many years after her visit.

She was a terrible shot instructor, too.

lydialou

Comment

Originally posted by froggirl88 View Post
              "MS is the most common disease to get diagnosed with now a days".- Really?? Cuz it took me 3 years and alot of painful tests to get that diagnosis!
              "It seems like MS is the new "it" Disease"- REALLY??? So glad I can be apart of the club, However I will gladly change it for your normal life!! Give me a break people!!
              im over here in stitches over the "new it disease" thing!!!!!lol...hilarious

Comment

Been Here, want the t-shirt

Originally posted by Pressednotcrushed View Post
                I haven't experienced it yet, just got my DX but for all of you who have gotten "You look great" comments there is a tee shirt I want or even just to say to someone. "this disease must do wonders for my looks, everyone keeps telling me how great I look".
                LOL! I would LOVE one of these t-shirts! If I had a nickel for every single dern time I hear that..This is probably the single most common comment I get. Of course, it wasn't long ago these same people saw me during my chemo days..SO I 'guess' I can give them a little slack on this one..
                Maybe I'll have that saying put on my Team Walk MS t-shirt for 2012...
                The person who knows how to laugh at himself will never cease to be amused.

Comment

Gotta love it

Walking out from lunch on the pier where I live - close friend asks "where are you parked?" I reply - "in the handicapped spot over there..." Incredulously - she responds "how did you get a handicapped card?" I reply - "it was a gift with purchase when I got MS".....

Comment

i barely got diagnosed in june 2011.

from a friend - "so how long does the doctor say you have?"

from my mom - "are you sure you have it?" after 4 doctors said i did. i guess she is in disbelief

from my husband's coworker - "oh my aunt has it, it isn't so bad, why is your woman so dramatic?" Seriously? i have been in a so- called flare up since jan.

from the same dumb friend - "man, when are you going to start feeling better already? we need to do stuff (i.e. concerts)"

another friend - "why don't you just get stem cell treatment" Have you looked at the costs, and see exactly where these treatments are done? You going to pay for me? pffft.

stranger in the parking lot - "young lady!! that parking is for disabled parking only!!" I just glare at her and point at my new shiny placard. :/

people put their feet in their mouths too often.

Comment

You're in great shape ...

So I just got a new GP - the amazing former one moved. This one comes highly recommended and I really clicked with her. At the end of the first appointment:

"You're in great shape! [pause] Oh - except for the MS."

I think I actually laughed.

Comment

I have a shirt that says MS Sucks i wear to walk and such,
                        one person at wal-mart asked me why I hated Microsoft so much.
                        LCPL USMC
                        DIOG 12-26-2006
                        BETA 3-15-2007

Comment

I forgot one more (will they ever stop)? I was telling my (rich and clueless) aunt that we won't be taking a trip to london at this time due to expense, and she said, oh, but you should go now, while you can. You never know how long you will be able to walk, or move. While she has a point, please...really?

Comment

I didn't tell very many people, still haven't. But my MIL posted it all over her FB. Really amazing how people can be.

The "I'll be praying for you" for her. Why are they praying for her?

Or this one I got from family "have the kids been tested yet"

And this from another family member and a dear friend "At least your not dying" "you should be happy you have a husband and kids to help you"

So, I guess I am not allowed to cry or have a bad day or be in pain cuz at least I am not dying!! LOL I can laugh now at it.
                            What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I was just formally diagnosed in May and have been on copaxone for about a month. Went back to work yesterday (after 4 weeks of summer vacation) and told one of my co workers that I was on the copaxone injection once a day. She said "An injection with a "REAL" needle" Duh !!!!

Comment

Went to my girls' open house today. This is day 3 of using forearm crutches. I'm tired and my legs are exhausted.

Friend's mom: what happened?

Me: it's the MS....

Friend's mom: you knew it would happen sooner or later

I usually speak my mind and today was no exception. Before I realized what I said in the school hallway....

Me: Didn't you have something wrong with your colon last year? Did you ever stop s****ing on yourself?

My 12 yr old loved it and told her that's what you get for messing with my mom. I love my young ladies.
                                I am a phenomenal woman; and still I rise.

Comment

Working...
                                X