Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corresponding symptoms for lesions

Quest for more information
    I recently purchased MRI Atlas of MS Lesions which helped me understand a little more about typical and atypical MS lesions.
    Does anyone know of a book that will reference MS symptoms with area and type of lesion in the brain and spine?

Originally posted by mssassafras View Post
    Quest for more information
    I recently purchased MRI Atlas of MS Lesions which helped me understand a little more about typical and atypical MS lesions.
    Does anyone know of a book that will reference MS symptoms with area and type of lesion in the brain and spine?
    Sorry, I don't know of any. Maybe try Google Books. I found the MRI Atlas of MS Lesions on there last year. I don't know if it's the full version, but if they have that ,they may have something that will fit the bill.

Comment

Hello MrsBones, did you by any chance post on this site about 'MRI Atlas of MS Lesions ' ? One of my deciding factors to purchase that book was by reading that post. Of course I can not remember how long ago or by whom the post was written but I bought it and I am happy with it. I am not sure if I have a full version either-it was not over $30. It is one of the many things spurring my curiosity to find a book that might relate lesions with symptoms. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by mssassafras View Post
        Hello MrsBones, did you by any chance post on this site about 'MRI Atlas of MS Lesions ' ? One of my deciding factors to purchase that book was by reading that post. Of course I can not remember how long ago or by whom the post was written but I bought it and I am happy with it. I am not sure if I have a full version either-it was not over $30. It is one of the many things spurring my curiosity to find a book that might relate lesions with symptoms. Thank you.
        I did post about it. It was several months, maybe even close to a year ago now. I'm sure it's in the archives. It was before the spiffy new site was up and running.

I believe I might have titled the post MRI Atlas of MS lesions or something close.

I'm glad you're happy with it. I found it quite fascinating myself. I was able to download it from Scribd so I can view the pics with my virtual magnifier. I'll tell you, the PML MRIs were sobering.

Comment

I would just caution that my son (a neuroscience phd) says that since the brain is so plastic (changeable) the map MAY not be accurate for you. Seems that our brains will re-route themselves if we put up a roadblock - like a lesion. So the part of your brain that normally handles one thing (like smell) may decide that something else is more important (like swallowing) (I don't know if those two are interchangeable or not - just trying to make it understandable)

Comment

Working...
          X