Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All in the words spoken (funny!)

From my seasonal job at a bookstore this past Christmas:
    Customer: I need the latest Harlequin book.
    Manager: What's the title? Or the author's name?
    Customer: I don't know. I just need the latest Harlequin book!
    Manager: Nanobaby, go online and see the latest Harlequin releases. Get the ones that we have and bring them to this customer so she can pick out the one she's looking for.
    Me: (complies & returns with the 4 latest Harlequin books) Here you are, ma'am.
    Customer: (angry) NO! NO! This is all wrong! I want the one with Batman on the cover?
    Me: (thinking) Batman?! Who wrote a romance novel featuring Batman? Is it the 50 Shades of Dark Knight? *something clicks in my head*
    Me: Ohhhhh. You mean you want the latest HARLEY QUINN book.
    Customer: That's what I said! Harlequin!

From my recheck with my neuro today

Dr: So you got an MRI last month.
    Me: Yup.
    Dr: There's been no activity in your brain.
    Me: Ouch. Are you calling me stupid?!
    Dr: (laughs) I meant no disease activity.
    Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
    UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

thanks for sharing! that was pretty funny!
    love your neuro story especially!

i'm forever mixing words up, but can't think of any new examples.

a few years ago at a coffee house, i was ordering a 'chai tea latte'. the girl gave me the strangest look like i was speaking a foreign language or something. my DD intervened and said, 'she means chai tea latte'.
    i'm thinking, yea, that's what i said. when we sat down, i asked her what did i really say. to this day she won't tell me. she knows i don't cuss and embarrass easily.

hope others will share. i know lots of us who do mix up words regularly.

take care & God bless ya!
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Thanks for the laughs, Nanobaby! Made my day

And poohb3ar - speaking of Chai tea, I am forever calling it Tai Chi (a gentle form of martial arts) Imagine the incredulous looks I get when ordering one. I start laughing when I realize I've done it once again. Embarrassed.
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

My friend took me to a peanut farm with a little general store. They had jugs to taste product back behind the bins, labelled. There were a lot and my friend took off sampling while I struggled to see the labels (left eye blind, right eye dim). She looked back and said, "Sorry, I forgot you can't read these".

We got to the car, I forgot something so went right back in to overhearing the cashiers talking about "that poor illiterate lady". Looked around, nobody else in the store then realized they were talking about ME!!!!

They took what my friendl said, well, literally. If she had said, ".... I forgot you can't see these" instead of "read these" the outcome wouldn't have been the same!

We go back once a year or so and we pretend I'm illiterate in honour of our experience!
        Jen
        RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
        "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

LOL! Too bad you can't use being illiterate as an excuse to get free stuff: "since I can't read these prices, I'm just going to assume the items are free."

Originally posted by Cat Mom View Post
          My friend took me to a peanut farm with a little general store. They had jugs to taste product back behind the bins, labelled. There were a lot and my friend took off sampling while I struggled to see the labels (left eye blind, right eye dim). She looked back and said, "Sorry, I forgot you can't read these".

We got to the car, I forgot something so went right back in to overhearing the cashiers talking about "that poor illiterate lady". Looked around, nobody else in the store then realized they were talking about ME!!!!

They took what my friendl said, well, literally. If she had said, ".... I forgot you can't see these" instead of "read these" the outcome wouldn't have been the same!

We go back once a year or so and we pretend I'm illiterate in honour of our experience!
          Jen
          Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
          UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

Working...
          X