Rent a DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rent a DVD

My local video rental store called yesterday, and has selected me to receive one free DVD rental plus 3 1/2 price rentals during the next two weeks.

Need lotsa suggestions. We tend to be mostly Netflix and Roku people. So, I'm not always up on the good new release movies.

Ha ha. That's probably why they are making this offer. Trying to get us to come in more frequently.

Anyways -- any good suggestions for some new release movies? Probably looking for romances, dramas and comedies, especially. Like heartwarming stuff.

But, every once in awhile, we enjoy a thriller, too.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Great thriller called "Vantage Point". Really great movie.

Comment

- And So it Goes with Michael Douglas and Diane Keaton
      - Blended with Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler
      - Gone Girl...have not seen it...heard it was good
      - Jersey Boys (the story of The Four Seasons)
      - The Hundred Foot Journey with Helen Mirran

You might want to you-tube the trailers.
      Katie
      "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
      "My MS is a Journey for One."
      Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thanks, both of you. Will have to look into those.

Rented Blended for tonight. Having a ladies movie night. Yay!

Hubby is banished to the basement, or his shop. Whichever he chooses.

But, we also love to watch movies together, so I'll have to check out some of the others mentioned, and see if there's probably a good few of those for both of us.

And, I found out that I'm not just eligible for three 1/2 price movies during the next two weeks, but, unlimited 1/2 price movies for the next 2 weeks.
        ~ Faith
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

If you grew up with The Four Seasons then watch Jersey Boys! Great movie!!!

Comment

Never heard of Four Seasons. Maybe it was on cable TV? Never had it. Not as a kid or as an adult.
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I think she talking about the music group from the 60's. The movie, The Jersey Boys, is about them as they lived in NJ.

p.s. - There is also a movie called The Four Seasons starring Alan Alda and Carol Burnett from the 80's
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Movie to watch on Netflix

Hi! Don't know if you saw Mona Lisa Smile, it's really a good story takes place in the 50's. Enjoy!
                Maggienor

Comment

Yes, I definitely was talking about the musical group The Four Seasons! Guess I'm dating myself!!!

Comment

Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions.

And, the Four Seasons was just slightly before my time. Was born in'62, but not yet into music in the 60's. I'd probably like it. I like The Beatles, etc.
                    ~ Faith
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                      Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions.

And, the Four Seasons was just slightly before my time. Was born in'62, but not yet into music in the 60's. I'd probably like it. I like The Beatles, etc.
                      I was born in 1963 and love the music, even though I did not listen to it in the 60 s or 70s. They came onto the music scene around the same time as The Beatles. I loaded all of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons songs to my IPOD.

Look at the Jersey Boys Movie Trailer on You Tube. It was directed by Clint Eastwood.
                      Katie
                      "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
                      "My MS is a Journey for One."
                      Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Courageous is a great movie!

The Blind Side with Sandra Bullock.

My husband and I saw Gone Girl, it was a well made movie it I'm not sure if 'good' describes it per se, but worth seeing.

An oldie but goodie- for when your husband is in his man cave...Under the Tuscan Sun with Diane Lane.
                        There is always a rainbow!

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'll have to write these down, somewhere, so I also have a list for the future.
                          ~ Faith
                          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                          X