Alternatives to paying big bucks for cable TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternatives to paying big bucks for cable TV

We have not ever subscribed to cable. I used to sort of wish that I had it sometimes. So, I'd have more viewing opportunities.

But, there are so many other options out there right now, that I don't desire it anymore. And, the other options are often much more economical.
    • We subscribe to Netflix.
    • We subscribe to Hulu Plus.
    • We occasionally rent a video from the local video store, or from Amazon Prime. We don't subscribe to Amazon Prime, but, I know others who do, and they like it.
    • I received a Roku for Chirstmas. I currenlty subscribe to two channels there. One is free. I think that the other might charge only $4.99 per month following the first free month.

Anyone else going without cable TV?
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I have Cable TV, but I also have a ROKU for Netflix. I personally think Netflix is the best deal there is. Love it!
    Katie
    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
    "My MS is a Journey for One."
    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I have "cable", and Apple TV mainly for Netflix.

Comment

I'm so addicted to both my Netflix and my Roku!
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
        X