#1 Item on bucket list completed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#1 Item on bucket list completed

I finally did what I have wanted to do for many many years last night, I performed my first stand up comedian routine in front of about 300 people, I took a stand up comedy class at a local comedy club one night a week for 6 weeks. I had a blast and killed it last night.

I was the first disabled person to ever take their class and over 800 have gone thru it, I did my entire routine from my scooter and actually incorporated it into my routine and did a few jokes regarding my disability such as my girlfriend only dates me for the good parking spaces at the mall. I plan on doing more at other locations on open mic nights.

Don't let that scooter or wheel chair hold you back, there is a whole world out there and no reason you cant participate and enjoy it.
    Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Hi Scooter! So happy to hear that you did your #1 item on your bucket list. And what a way to achieve it! I wish I could have been there to laugh along with the 300.

And congrats for being the first disabled person among 800! I call that taking out the "dis" from ability.

I moved this thread to the Good Life section. You might want to try out some of your jokes here and I'm sure we'll laugh and applause. We could always use some uplifting and funny jokes here! Take care and good luck
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

How exciting! Good for you (and good for your audience, as well)!

Comment

Wtg

Well done!

Comment

Working...
        X