"Cutting for Stone" by Abraham Verghese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Cutting for Stone" by Abraham Verghese

I am in the midst of this book and loving it. The author is amazing and the story is enthralling. Put it on your 'to read' list and enjoy. I am.

I read thru most of this book, but for some reason I couldn't finish it. It's a great book, but maybe a bit too long for me.....I have so many other books I want to read at this time!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Oh, that's too bad. It is a long read but I didn't tire of it at all. It held my interest to the end. But you're quite right, there are lots of books out there that I want to read as well. Enjoy.

Comment

give us a hint....

What is this book "Cutting for Stone" about?...Might give it a read!
        Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
        Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Loved! someone in my book group wants to recommend this one for the next year's reading list. Maybe I'll have to finish it after all - lol - Each one of our group recommends a book a month. I'm going to recommend Little Bee, Night Birds, or Mudbound. Have you read these?

Comment

This book takes place in Ethiopia and is about a relationship between a doctor (surgeon) and his assistant (nun). It is very relational. . . I hesitate to give details as I don't want to spoil anything for you.

Seasha, I haven't read or even heard of any of the books you mentioned. So I'm sorry I can't be of any help to you. Do you know the authors?

Comment

And guess what? My book group is reading Little Bee this month. I missed the last meeting because we were out of town so just found out. I'll let you know what I think once I locate a copy and read it. Think I'll have to buy it as I'm 16th on the library list. Not very hopeful when our group meets on the 26th.

Comment

Cool! You'll have to let you know how your book group liked Little Bee - I loved it!

~happy reading~~

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                  Cool! You'll have to let you know how your book group liked Little Bee - I loved it!

~happy reading~~
                  I Loved Little Bee. I'll have to look for the other book.
                  I just finished reading 2 of Ayn Rand's books. I had read many yrs ago.
                  Right now I'm reading "Order in Chaos" by Jack Whyte.A book about the Templar Knights.

Comment

Cutting for Stone

I am in the midst of this one and it is wonderful. Highly recommended.

Comment

Working...
                    X