Arcane Society novels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arcane Society novels

Okay, my reading fare of the last four years has been lowered to romance/suspense novels, such as authors Nora Roberts/JD Robb and Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick. I have trouble concentrating anything complicated (try reading Tolkein in the middle of MS cog fog....was not a fun outing, but I managed to get through the Lord of the Rings Trilogy and the Hobbit, just didn't make it through any of his other works).

I just finished reading Jayne Ann Krentz's Arcane Society series of novels. Well, it's Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick/Jayne Castle. The books under the Krentz name are present day, the Quick pen name are Victorian era, and the Castle pen name in the future, and on another planet. There is some very mild sex that you can pretty much skip over if you want, but I loved these books.

They are tied together well, and she even ties in one of her other book series, the Eclipse Bay book series.

Basically, if you've never read them, it's about people that possess certain paranormal senses, called "talents". No, in these books, ghosts aren't real, and although the talents are considered "psychical abilities", psychics - the reading of people's minds - aren't possible, but their talents affect all of the characters other senses. I wish there were more, truly. It is truly an imaginative series that I didn't want to end.
    Diagnosis: May, 2008
    Avonex, Copaxone, Tysabri starting 8/17/11

More Author Names

JD Robb
    Jayne Ann Krentz
    Amanda Quick.
    Thank you!
    I will check how many are on Kindle with the Library.
    I am always looking for new names too
    Another pirated saying:
    Half of life is if.
    When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
    Dogs Rule!

Comment

Working...
    X