Unaccustomed Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unaccustomed Earth

by Jhumpa Lahiri....it was on the "summer reading" shelf at my local library. Thought I'd venture from my usual Stephen King latest novel and give this a try.

It's an enjoyable and often poignant read. The author as a really interesting insight into human nature. The stories I really found compelling were in Part 2 of the book. There are 3 stories about two children from 2 different families, both sets of parents emigrated to the U.S. from the Bengal region in India back in the 1970's. The stories follow the two as they grew into adulthood, and how their lives intertwined, separated and..... well you'd have to read it now, wouldn't you to find out what happened!

Blessings--and hopes for a cool, comfortable summer!
    Biscuit
    Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
    Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Thanks biscuit7 - picked this up after seeing your post & loved it! I ordered her other titles from the library to read next
    ~Heather

"Better Living Through Chemistry"

Comment

Oh that's so great to hear that you enjoyed that book. You are very very welcome, glad you read my post. I found that book really really difficult to put down when it was time to get some sleep.

On my next trip to the library I plan to look for more too.

I've been re-reading "Magical Thinking" by Augusten Burroughs. He also wrote "Running With Scissors" and "Sellevision". He's an interesting read too, kinda quirky.

So, more books by Jhumpa Lahiri and Augusten Burroughs, it is!

Blessings,
      Biscuit
      Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
      Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Working...
      X