Mystery readers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery readers

Lee Child is another great mystery writer. He has a series with the character Jack Reacher who is a former Military man. Hope you enjoy his books.

Alex Berenson and Ariana Franklin

My aunt and mom raved about Lee Childs on our vacation so he will probably be the next author I read.

I just finished reading the fourth book in Alex Berenson's series about a CIA operative. The first book is the The Faithful Spy and is set in Afghanistan and the US. The fourth book is good, but not as good as the first ones.

I am now reading the the third book in The Mistress of the Art of Death series by Ariana Franklin. It is historical fiction mystery set in the 12th century England. It is a bit of a stretch historically because the main character is a woman and let's face it, women were limited in the 12th century. The main character is a woman educated in the medical sciences in Salerno, Italy, who is sent to England to aid in finding the killer of children. I do find it very entertaining to read about a strong educated woman dealing successfully in a male-dominated society.

Comment

Dulcinia, have you read any of the Ann Perry series? She has 2 Victorian detective series and although the detectives in both of her series are men, they each have at least one strong female assitant.

Comment

Originally posted by nkh18 View Post
        Lee Child is another great mystery writer. He has a series with the character Jack Reacher who is a former Military man. Hope you enjoy his books.
        He's only my most favorite author ever! I met him once and I was shaking and so star struck I could barely function!
        When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. ~FDR

Comment

Working...
        X