Prayers please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers please

Tomorrow is my dad's memorial service. We're having it at the family cemetery up at the edge of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. It will be outside, and it's supposed to be 106 degrees here tomorrow. We're starting at 10:30 a.m., so hopefully it won't be that hot yet. I'm taking a couple of battery operated fans and lots of water.

Please be praying for my brother, my kids, and me. This is a day I'm not looking forward to.

(Remind me to tell you all about the sweet things that have happened to let us know that Dad and Mom are together and happy and free. They're very unusual.)

Thanks and hugs to all.

Lisa
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

It was a beautiful service, though extremely hot and humid. I'm physically and emotionally drained.

Thanks to anyone who did pray for us. Much appreciated.
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Aww Lisa. Some of us have been with you in spirit.
      As soon as you feel ready and want to talk, I'd LOVE to hear about Poppa
      I'm sure the rest of today and the rest of the weekend will be very difficult for all of you.
      Do you have family/company staying with you too? It's nice to feel the love, but the stress that creates can be debilitating.
      I truly hope you're feeling better physically and that the heat hasen't created more problems for you.
      I DO understand if you don't get back to us right away...but please don't forget to come back and let us know how YOU are.
      MANY prayers and great big hugs for you, brother and kids.

NOOOO! It looks like you got back here while I was typing, I wish I had commented when I first saw your post yesterday
      I'm so sorry I didn't say something sooner, I just hit the "preview" to check my spelling () and see that you've been here.
      I'm glad it was a beautiful service. Yes, you have been in my prayers, your whole family has.
      Like I said already, as soon as you feel you can, I'd love to hear your stories...
      Hugs and prayers

Comment

Dear Lisa, I wish I saw your post before the service. I'm glad it went well and you survived the heat. Believe it or not, I was actually thinking about you, wondering how you're holding up. It's such a huge loss and I'm praying for you, your brother and your kids. You'll need each other's support more than ever. Please remember your health and try to accept any help and support that's offered. As Mom's we do tend to be the one giving out support so please don't shoulder this on your own.

When you're ready I would love to hear about your mom and dad, it sounds very spiritual... just got to have some Kleenex ready!

Please let us know how you're doing, emotionally and physically. The next little while will be testing your health and pushing it to its limit so be careful to listen to your body.

Take care,
        Jen
        RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
        "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I am glad the service went well for you and I hope all the happy memories of your parents sustain you as you take this time to grieve.

They say survivors are of the "fittest"...... I rather think it is they who endure.... You have proven you endure and I am certain eventually you will survive this as well .....

But the time will be your own ....no one else can define your personal grieving process ......take the time necessary and any measures you need to move through this ...

I heard of people using clothing of the departed--old flannel shirts---or dress shirts-- cutting them into squares and making a memory quilt. Some used favorite neck ties for trim.

Others have planted rose gardens or trees. I made a water fountain in my yard with favorite flowers and a wind chime. When the clear crystal sound of the chimes ring out, i remember my loved one. Just a few thoughts.

My prayers are with you. Keep us posted.

Comment

Shashi- so sorry for your loss! First just saw your post now- haven't been on here much lately.

Enjoy all the great memories of your dad- remember the fun and laughter you shared. They are so precious!

Comment

Prayers

Thanks for sharing. I too will be having a memorial for my husband in the next 2 weeks. He died last July. Then I was dx with this monster! Some how someway we get through this. God and prayers have kept me going. Pray for you and good weather. Bless you

Comment

Working...
              X