Coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coffee

I thought the other thread was SO funny, but must keep on topic...

Sara

Got a coffee monkey on my back
    Love to drink that coffee black, black, black
    Got a coffee monkey on my back
    Can’t get enough of that coffee in my mouth

(the chorus from a favorite - and fast! - song)
    1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
    NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

To the person in the Caffeine thread who was wondering about vanilla as a coffee flavoring:

I recommend putting a vanilla bean or two into a container with sugar. (If you cook with vanilla beans, you can put the pod in after scraping out the seeds.) Let it sit for a couple of weeks, and the vanilla will go through all of the sugar.

Of course, that only works if you drink your coffee with sugar. You might try putting the vanilla bean into the coffee canister instead, but I haven't tried that.

I don't quite understand why people think Starbucks is so expensive. I can pay $2 for a medium coffee, and get free refills (50 cents if you don't use a Starbucks card). At least around here, it's no more expensive than any other coffee shop, and the coffee is better than what you get at diners.

My favorite coffee-related song is probably Trout Fishing in America's version of "What I Want is a Proper Cup of Coffee." It's a tongue twister, and I often try (and fail) to sing along with the chorus: "Iron coffee pots and tin coffee pots, they are no use to me. If I can't have a proper cup of coffee in a proper copper coffee pot, I'll have a cup of tea."
      Accepting reality is not the same as wanting to have a problem. It means accepting something that will be happening whether I want it or not.

Comment

Working...
      X