Anyone hear about tv show "Push Girls"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone hear about tv show "Push Girls"

Since I spend alot of time with my tv, I saw a preview of a new show on Sundance called Push GIrls. There are 3 or 4 girls and all in wheelchairs. They are all young and cute and I am curious if any of them have MS or are their wheelchairs just temporaty.; Do notknow when it airs, but just wondered if anyone else has heard anything about it

JudySz

it is on monday nights on the Sundance network. It is interesting. Probably more for women although definitely eye candy for all. Found it quite interesting in some ways...never saw this realist look at wheelchair world, although it is a reality show; not a documentary or sitcom.

Comment

I googled this for you. Series has already begun airing. The series intends to stress the "ability" in disability and to Push boundaries. All of the women are paralyzed to some degree. 4 of them were injured in auto accidents and 1 is paralyzed due to "a medical condition".

I'm scared to death of ending up in a wheelchair. I will b watching....if I have access to this channel. (does anyone know if it's available on Netflix)?
      Dx 3/4/12. Tec X 2 as of 7/7/13
      Weebles wobble and occasionally they DO fall down!

Comment

I found it, have it sep up to tape tonight. Right now, it is on. I like ite. I love reality shows anyway and I like these girls.

I agree it is mostly for women...I am glad I found it.

I also am afraid of being in a wheelchair and I think this might change my attitude. If not, it is a show I would like anyway. The only good thing is wearing heels and not having to worry about walking.

JudySz

Comment

I checked Netflix and it's not available yet.

Sadly, I don't get the Sundance Channel or you can be sure I'd be watching!

Best wheelchair movie (as opposed to TV series) I've seen is "Rory O'Shea Was Here." Little did I imagine when I saw it that I'd be in a wheelchair myself one day.

Comment

Yes, I've been waiting for the show for months. There was an article in a major paper (I remember it because there were oh,so many offensive statements made in it, including from the show's creator. She's also behind "Little People, Big World") about it a few months ago. I was on the look out for it since, as I am a wheelchair user myself and I was anxious to see how they'd handle it.

I watched the show's premiere last week and am dvr'ing them. There are 5 women, 4 are paraplegic, one quadriplegic. Four of them use their WCs because of injuries sustained in car accidents. The 5th had an AVM that ruptured, damaging her spinal cord.

JudySz
            The only good thing is wearing heels and not having to worry about walking.
            Well, there's also getting to the front of the line at Disney World and the great parking spaces.

For those that don't have Sundance, the premiere episode is available on the Push Girls website and on Hulu. Hulu will not be streaming further episodes and IDK if the Push Girls site will have all episodes on it,either.

Comment

HULU on computer

hulu.com has this program but it is up for only a limited time, maybe 9 days after show airs.

KK

Comment

Originally posted by kellygrn View Post
                hulu.com has this program but it is up for only a limited time, maybe 9 days after show airs.

KK
                Thanks, I can't wait to check this out. And if you haven't seen it, definitely check out Rory O'Shea Was Here - good recommendation, Sequoia!

Comment

Working...
                X