Rest in peace Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rest in peace Ray

As most of you readers probably already know, Ray Bradbury died last week. I don't know about you guys, but I love science fiction and Ray Bradbury's short stories are AWESOME! I am going to reread The illustrated man in his honor this week.
    You can't stop washing your feet just because you're afraid you'll fall in the shower.

Yes! Ray was a great writer. RIP.

Comment

I remember Ray along with those many pioneers from the 50's and 60's when these ideas and views were new and truly exciting, or even wierd. Truly enjoyable and fondly remembered community of writers and dreamers."Dandelion Wine"...Oh my, what gorgeous, lazy, summer teenage days between working in farm fields and dishwashing in restaurant kitchens...

Comment

Even with little money Ray Bradbury could take you to places far away. He got me started on Sci Fi which led to Sci which has been a life long love. RIP Ray , hope you get to see the places you dreamed of.

Comment

Fellow Illinoisan and Inspiration

Originally posted by jayjee View Post
          "Dandelion Wine"...Oh my, what gorgeous, lazy, summer teenage days between working in farm fields and dishwashing in restaurant kitchens...

My favorite novel about summer! It's right up there with Tom Sawyer.

Fahrenheit 451 is another fabulous novel. What an amazing writer!

Comment

Working...
          X