Too Funny Not to Share!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too Funny Not to Share!

I'm still laughing about this, definitely a first! A friend and I went out yesterday and ended up out in the country. We happened upon a really small nut store and went in.

The store has bins of pre-packaged nuts, brittle, etc. and behind the bins, up on a shelf, are labelled plastic containers with samples of what's in the bin in front of it. My friend was munching out and then remembered that due to my MS, the left eye is blind and the right is dim so she said, "Oh I forgot you can't read these." and proceeded to read them out loud for me.

After we paid and went back to her car, I went back in to buy a drink and heard the ladies who work there talking about "that poor illiterate lady" and then I realized they were talking about ME!!! I don't use a cane or a white cane, so there's no indication my eyes are as bad as they are.

It was when my friend said, "I forgot, you can't read these." and not "I forgot, you can't SEE these." I guess they thought I was illiterate instead of half blind. I never did correct them, we laughed about it all the way home and I'm still laughing.

Hope you enjoy!
    Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

That is pretty funny!
    Accepting reality is not the same as wanting to have a problem. It means accepting something that will be happening whether I want it or not.

Comment

Another proof that life is nuts. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Another anecdote to add to your realm. Years ago,when I couldn't read well, I had given up glasses. Well I discovered them in my drawer one and tried on; Great ! I could wee a little. A few days later I had to call the "Veterinarian" to schedule my beagles surgery. I llokede it up in the phone index and confidently called I kept getting the strangest response from the answerer. Finally Igot this funny "inkling"...I asked "Who am I talking to?" The guy on the other end said, "This is the Veterans Administration Hospital!" He didn't laugh out loud, but he didn't have to. I did get a new prescription and eventually did recover some of my eyesight.

Comment

I'm lol-ing! That's hilarious, thank God we can laugh at ourselves and share it!
          RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
          "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I enjoy your posts.

I am having speech problems, stammering & halting.

What I think is funny is that store clerks and waiters start talking like me when they respond.

Is it catching?

Comment

Working...
            X