Coping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coping!

What did you do/think/feel/hear today that helped you cope with your M.S.?
    It can be a new idea, or something that we've all heard before. Silly, serious or profound. You might post just the perfect thing for someone else to read today!

(I thought of starting this thread because I started one somewhere else asking for suggestions- and I got some great responses and ideas which were just what I needed to read!)
    Compassion, forgiveness, these are the real ultimate sources of power for peace and success in life.
    Dalai Lama

One of the things I heard today that really helped me, is that somebody told me that it was nice to see me.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

that's always good to hear!
      ( I hate it when they run the other direction )

Yesterday I went to an M.S. meeting at the national ms society. I met some other people with the dratted disease and I learned about some tools that might help me now and definitely will help me if I ever get as bad as I was a few years ago. Who knew?!? There are actually things/people that can make my life easier!

Even when I feel like I'm just too tired to do it, getting out to do even something small feels good.
      Compassion, forgiveness, these are the real ultimate sources of power for peace and success in life.
      Dalai Lama

Comment

Good News

My DD has just started to do her PhD, at the beginning they have a few assignments to do to obtain their confirmation into the degree. I just had a phone call from her to say that for her 1st assignment she got a mark of 98% Yay whoo hooo, well done my brilliant DD.

From a very proud Mum, Min.

Comment

When I get discombobulated, I just stop, take a breath, and remember that I am, like all those with MS, from another planet. Once I accept that, it all starts to make sense!

Comment

For some light relief ,at times, you should go to Rest Area 51 for newbies and enjoy the bantering that goes on between Gomer and DJourneyman, always a laugh there somewhere.

Thanks a lot you guys.

Min

Comment

Key - Great support system... and keep moving !

Where to begin ? Married to my smoking hot wife 27 years and recently found out what was wrong with me on Nov 19th 2010.

I've always been active and pretty fit (raised 3 very active children). I thought that I was just getting old and lazy because I had trouble walking for miles and was always tired... Anyway right after being diagnosed, something strange happened to me .. instead of feeling sorry for me ... my loving wife simply told me that she was going to start learning how to run a 5k race .. (what !?) my wife has never run before.. what was that about ?

As I found out later.. what she was saying to me was.. "get your butt off the couch and stop feeling sorry for yourself"..

So I eventually got up and started training with her.. I can't run or walk very far, but I could still ride a bike . Today she trains to run ½ marathons (13.1 miles), and I am there right with her on my bike as she trains... The weird part about all this is.. I just had my 1st annual MRI. After taking those terrible shots for a year, changing my diet and doing some exercise when I am able, my neurologist announced that my legions shrunk from last year ! What great news to my ears !!!!

I know that currently there is not a cure for multiple sclerosis, but it was encouraging news and I credit my beautiful wife for her support !!!
              Today I help train runners from our local Fleet Feet running organization. In fact, I have been asked to carry the official AED as I ride my bike. I am officially and proudly known as “Mike on A Bike” !

Keep moving ya'll !! Just do what you can !!!!

Comment

I went to the grocery this morning. While unloading my buggy, I "threw" a yogurt at the man behind me in line. He caught it and calmly placed it on the counter. I thanked him and he said "no problem, women do that to me all the time". Never cracked a smile......
                Dx 3/4/12. Tec X 2 as of 7/7/13
                Weebles wobble and occasionally they DO fall down!

Comment

Working...
                X