Abe Munder Books ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abe Munder Books ?

Anyone know where I can find books by "Abe Munder". I can only find two. He has other books but I can not locate a place to buy them. Abe Munder the Wheeled Wonder:MS and Bug are all I can find. Thanks for your help.

More Munder on the way

Thomas, thank you for this thread! Again I'm flattered you enjoy my books. There are several more being formatted for ebooks, including a couple on Skydiving for MS (now scheduled for September 8!) and related topics. I will e-mail you. Hope you are well and enjoying the springtime weather. Thanks again!

Comment

Munder Welcome Here

Yeah, send me a e-mail and let me know when you have more books available. My daughter got a kick out of things I related from your Wheeled Wonder book. You have a clear , concise style that goes well with my never-ending Cog Fog.
      Your book really helped me think about what I can do with MS , not what I can not do. Thanks

Comment

Munder overboard

Hey, thanks a lot for the generous praise, I sure will keep you informed! Say, why don't you and your daughter come up this September and jump out of the plane with me? It is mind-altering (I mean that in a good way). If a klutz like me can do it, anybody can.

Comment

Man , I would love to be there. But I would thinking more like this: My feet at ground level , touching the ground , and my biggest fear, falling over looking up the skydivers.

Comment

Believe me, I'm no superhero either - except that day. Skydiving for MS revolves around the fact that, year after year, people pleasantly, ecstatically surprise themselves. You (or your daughter) just never know!

But even for the landlubbers (like my wife, who won't jump either), it's a fun and energizing day, with a fantastic dinner and party that night. You both are welcome any time. We can talk about books… between drinks!

Comment

Hey , I would love to. Have to check it out. My daughter is in Houston now and Londen next. Will talk to her though when she comes in range of my wc. RE: Talking about books between drinks. My dd had a book club meeting here and the noise level from female book lovers was unreal.

I was in the bedroom with the toothless dachshund that thinks he's Kujo. Poor guy did his best but he could not compete with the near jet engine noise level. Unaware that I was in the room and had MS, women kept knocking on the door laughing at how much noise Rusty makes.

The message of your book to me was " I have MS but it doesn't have me and man , has it tried".

Comment

Small world! Houston is where I am right now.

So tell me a little something about yourself, Thomas, like your experience with MS. You sound well-read. Have you read any other books about MS, disabilities, or overcoming adversity?

I don't know that I've read many which apply, but one that sticks out is Moving Violations by John Hockenberry. It's mentioned in my book. Talk about daring. Now that guy has cajones! Makes me look like the Mickey Mouse Club.

About that book club situation, sometimes in the face of overwhelming numbers, the only thing you can do is hole up and tough it out. Sort of like they did in The Night of the Living Dead… only that didn't end up so well. But they did not have a trusty toothless dachshund by their side.

Comment

I read Multiple Sclerosis , an Enigma by Chalknpens.
                  Good book . I read mostly physics and astronomy. I find both are like life , the more answers you find the more questions you create.
                  As far as overcoming adversity , I have Rusty , the Toothless Wonder. No teeth , five birds , one squirrel , and will take on any dog. The Fed Ex man said " I don't care if he doesn't have teeth , I'm glad he is not here". The Power Co. put in a remote read meter due to the sweet puppy.
                  They will not allow me to use the necessary terms here to explain my MS experience. Wisely so. And so many have it so much worse than me.

Comment

Proud member of the Rusty Fan Club here! That little guy is a role model for us all: You might be down, but don't give in. Who needs Teeth when you've got Attitude?

Reminds me of one of my favorite movie scenes, from Raging Bull, after Lamotta took a dive and Sugar Ray Robinson beat him to a pulp, Lamotta wouldn't leave the ring but instead keeps getting in Robinson's face, saying, "Hey Ray, you didn't get me down. You never get me down." The first time I saw it I thought (sarcastically), That's some consolation, after such a underhanded act and then such a beating.

But after taking a few of life's beatings myself, I now see the nobility of not going down, never, ever going down.

Wishing you and Rusty many successful rounds ahead.

Comment

Rusty came to visit back when. I had a cat with new kittens. Rusty got swiped good. As soon as dd had all the blood cleaned up , he is clawing at the door , wanting my cat. He has a "No Teeth , But All Bite attitude".

I finally got a review of your book posted on Amazon. I'm the only review there. People of planet Earth - get the book.

Comment

Carrying Oprah

Yeah, people of planet Earth, listen to the man! You crack me up, Thomas. Thanks so much for your review! Also, for the recommendation of Chalknpens' book. It's high on my reading list.

Oprah called. She wants to restart her program so she can have me on her reading club. I told her she will have to go through my people, just like everybody else. Oz, Rachael Ray, Tonight Show, Daily Show… I can't start making exceptions for everyone, you know.

Comment

Got your last book in cyberworld , still trying to get it into my world. I've seen both Tron movies and I will get this sucker on the glide and read this , matter of time.

Comment

Thanks a lot, Thomas! I'm working on getting the books into our world. Also one of Jeff Bridges' glowing helmets from the movie, which would come in handy when I'm out toodling around at night. I'll keep you apprised of both.

How are you this week? What's new in Rustyworld?

Comment

I decided I would jump out of a plane with you but the plane still has to be on the ground. Ah, Rustyworld: I am adding small rocks to fill in the backyard walkway. I look back and Rusty has very carefully removed every rock I placed. He is always a big help.

Comment

Working...
                              X