The Shack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Shack

This may have already come up, but this is a terrific book. A new and wonderful look at GOD. You won't be able to put it down.

Mike
    God does not give me more than I can handle. Just seems like it sometimes

I read The Shack in one sitting. I loved the concept that we sometimes forget that a walk with GOD is a personal relationship.
    Melissa--Betaseron 2007-2010; Novantrone 2008; Tysabri 2010-2012; Rituxan 2012; Tecfidera 2015; Currently-No DMD

Healer is my GOD!

Comment

Yes, there's already been a discussion (or two) on The Shack. But I enjoyed it as well although it isn't the greatest fiction IMO.

But Young's purpose is to encourage people to have a relationship with God so he presents God in ways that are often neglected by the teaching of the church. The best way of knowing God is through His word, the scriptures. So I encourage everyone who thinks The Shack is good to
      follow-up by getting into God's word. And just as God met Mack at the shack, He will meet you right where you are as well.

Comment

My opinion, we know what they are like. I likened it to a conversation I would have with my Preacher. Was not really impressed. In defense of the author it was not written to be read as a novel.

Comment

The Shack changed my life

I'm a poetess and published a book of poems addressing dysfunctional families last fall. The last poem in my book is in direct response to having read The Shack. It had challenged everything I thought God was. It changed my life for the better.

Comment

I've read it and loved it and have loaned it to anyone who shows an interest in it. Amazingly enough, it keeps coming back. Doesn't happen often and that is why I rarely loan books.
            And if it doesn't get better, it will at least get different. Make it an adventure!

Comment

we did the shack @ my church for weekly bible study. i read for jus about 1/2 the book, then i got mad @ the book and threw it across the room - - - -BUT everyone @ my study group loved the book. my pastor seemed 2 like it, tho

Comment

Working...
              X