The Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Help

"The Help" by Kathryn Stockett - fantastic story !

The Help

I just finished this one too! Highly recommend!!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Great book!

Loved this book!

Comment

This is a great book.....loved it!!!
        Linda
        Diagnosed RRMS 1985
        Tysabri 5/07-3/10: Avonex 8/10

Comment

Loved it too!

Comment

I hear they are now making this book into a movie.Will be one I would love to see.

Comment

Another good one!

Started reading this book and I was immediately hooked.
              However, (having lived in the North all my life) seeing it takes place in the early 60s I was a little skeptical about its authenticity. So... I checked it out with some of my "Southern Belle" friends :-).

It wasn't until the late 60s/early 70s that school integration in its true form took place in the South. This was never an issue for me growing up in the north... so I was totally unaware that this type of thing was still happening. I actually thought it went out with slavery!
              HA... not so!

A wonderful book to read... everybody should

peace,Babs

Comment

Excellent story and a good reminder of how things were, and allows us to see some of the shadows that still exist from those days - a reminder we all need. mary
                If i can walk and talk, and see and pee, i'm having a great day!

Comment

This MUST be a good one, there are over 300 holds at the library. I thought I'd go with the large print, only 7 holds on that one. I wonder if it will be too big to read comfortably though. Guess it doesn't matter, my favorite place to read used to be in the tub, now I can't even get into the tub! If I ever get big money, a walk in tub is first on my list.
                  ~Kim in NV~ Dx RRMS on the Spring Equinox 2008 , at age 44. *Aubagio* That which does not kill us only makes us stronger

Comment

Babs2,
                    Like you I grew up in the "North" so wasn't aware of the issues down "South". Regardless , I found this book to be a great read from page one !

Comment

Working...
                    X