29 Days by Cami Walker - pass it on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

29 Days by Cami Walker - pass it on

I found this book on the MS Society website and ordered it through Amazon (about $15). I think it could help anyone with or without MS. It sounds trite, but the premise is surprisingly uplifting: discover that despite your overwhelming problems and disabilities, you have something to give. It opens you, and gives you something to think and talk about rather than the limitations that MS has dealt you.

It helps that Cami Walker, who was laid low by MS in her 30s, is a wonderful, witty and honest writer. See these links for more info: www.29gifts.org or http://www.nationalmssociety.org/onl...ker/index.aspx

PS - I have to order several more books, since I gave mine away before I even finished it! It was my Gift #3 -- to a friend who desperately needed a kind act and a good book (and she doesn't have MS).

That sounds good! I'll have tu look for it.
    As far as possible without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Comment

I had the pleasure of meeting Cami Walker on April 21. She is very nice and sincere in her mission of 29 Gifts. I am accepting the challenge because like her, I believe in paying it forward and it will come back to you when you least expect it.

Mary

Comment

A friend just gave me this book and I can hardly put it down........it has been such a wonderful read. It's so nice to see that someone else has the same feelings/issues I have dealt with and to see how her 29 gifts is changing her world. It really makes you stop and think of how you are reacting to those daily struggles of living with MS & how that in itself affects your whole attitude.
        I'm so glad I found this book..................I think everyone with MS should read it!!
        Ann

Comment

This is an excellent book and is a good read for anyone .... not just those with MS. It shows us that anyone, regardless of their circumstances, has something to give someone else. And it may just be your gift that you think is small and insignificant that actually helps lift someone else up at a time when they may have thought all is hopeless. Very good book .... highly recommend it!

Karen

Comment

I just read this book and it was such a nice way to change my perspective on life. Just when I was feeling really down about a lot of things, this helped me to see how thankful I should be for what I have.

Unfortunately I'm bad at the challenge!! I did 4 days, but then got caught up with travel plans. Hoping to start again this week.

I actually e-mailed Cami Walker a brief note of thanks and she wrote back! Very cool.

Comment

29 gifts?

This sounds intriguing... can you explain???

I've always loved the idea of "paying it forward"... would love to know more about this

peace, Babs

Comment

Babs,

Google 29 Gifts and you should be able to find a link to the website. For 29 days, you give to others. It doesn't have to be monetary - it could be as simple as listening to someone when they are having a rough day, holding the door open for someone. If you skip a day, then you start over.

After you finish your first 29 days, you begin again.

Mary

Comment

"Oh My Goodness!"

I just recently became a 'book-reader'. My entire family is readers, and I always thought I was the "odd ball" by not being a reader. That was - until - I picked up my first book several months ago and began reading! Now I am a fanatic ... made the hubby take me to Meijers just the other day because I was (literally) having withdrawl over NO book to read!
                  I read a SUPER-GREAT book called "Still Alice" about a lady who has "Early Onset Alzheimers Disease" (EOAD). I suggest that everyone read that, because simply it is outstanding!

As for this book called 29 Gifts, my God it sounds like a goodie!
                  I have a question regarding books though.?!??
                  I like movies such as "Pay-It-Foward", "Ghost" etc. Pure & simple I like DRAMAS (LoL) ... Is there any such label for books? I know there are Mystery books and such, but is there DRAMA books?
                  This book area here doesn't look as though it's a very busy place, but if anybody runs across my post here and can answer that one question I'd be greatful.

Deb

Comment

Working...
                  X