REALLY, a steak knife??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REALLY, a steak knife??

I have been known to carry things in my pockets-via extra sweatshirts /vests, worn over another shirt. These things usually are salt shaker, water bottles, napkins, pill containers and the like.

However, 2 days ago, after supper, while walking from the kitchen to the computer room, I felt something rather large and long hitting my side as I walked. I felt inside both pockets of my vest, nope- nothing there, so felt inside the other sweatshirt and still nothing.

Well, I knew darn well, that something was there. Now this is only the second time I had worn this vest. Didn't know that it had long inside pockets too. Well, there is where I found steak knife!

We didn't even use them at the supper table, I did use one to stick in the baked potatoes to see if they were completely done. Must have somehow found it's way into my inside vest pocket!! Man- feel very lucky that I hadn't gotten foot drop during that time and could have fallen down and stabbed myself. Can't believe this actually happened! Weird, huh? Now hubby has yet another story to tell his brother and wife when they come over to play cards next time. I seem to be the source of entertainment quite often!!!!

Good thing you felt it. The most dangerous I ever carried in my pocket is...a mad, spitting kitten on the way to her bath. =)

Comment

I totally understand how that can happen. Sometimes we go on auto-pilot, but the auto-pilot isn't too bright.

Recently, I had some trash in one hand and a dirty plate in the other. I threw the plate in the garbage can and when I started putting the garbage in the dishwasher, a little light went on in my foggy little brain. Fortunately, nobody saw me, so this is our secret!
      Dx'd on 10-17-11
      Avonex since 10/28/11 - Tysabri since 1-26-12 - 18 doses, then Betaseron since 9/4/13
      Don’t be ashamed to need help. Like a soldier storming a wall, you have a mission to accomplish. And if you’ve been wounded and you need a comrade to pull you up? So what? – Marcus Aurelius, Meditations Book 7

Comment

I put stuff in the refridgerator all the time that does NOT belong there. Sometimes I think I am losing it!!!!! Maybe I was hot and just needed some cold air blowing on me? Who knows????

Comment

Milk

Mine wasn't dangerous, but my daughter caught me putting the cereal box in the fridge and the milk in the pantry... She laughs, and says 'Mom, do you realize you put the milk in the pantry?' to which I replied, 'then what did I put in the fridge??' Now she just asks me to hands her the milk before I put it away.. guess she doesn't trust me! LOL!
          The person who knows how to laugh at himself will never cease to be amused.

Comment

Really, OJ ?

I added jelly to my cereal , as always , and noticed my milk looked really funny. I had the tartest bowl of cereal I've ever had as I had added orange juice instead of milk. I still have excellent pucker power this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Caterina_P View Post
              Good thing you felt it. The most dangerous I ever carried in my pocket is...a mad, spitting kitten on the way to her bath. =)
              That's like carrying a nuclear bomb!
              Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
              UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

Originally posted by Lexie View Post
                I put stuff in the refridgerator all the time that does NOT belong there. Sometimes I think I am losing it!!!!! Maybe I was hot and just needed some cold air blowing on me? Who knows????
                I put money in the fridge from work once My boss called me one morning to ask me where I'd hidden the money (as we're all supposed to do during closing) and said "Never mind, it was in the fridge. Good hiding place...''
                Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
                UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

Working...
                X