The Help, and 1000 White Women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Help, and 1000 White Women

I just finished reading The Help, wow, what a book, extremely well written. I just got 1000 White Women from a friend, I had previously read this, and it is also a phenomenal book. I read constantly, and luckily have friends who do as well, so I get lots of books from everyone..Just passing along books is more fun, to me, than going into a store
    if you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a horrible warning to others

The Hunger Games Trilogy is awesome!

Comment

I l;oved the Help, the mopvie is good too.

Dd told me about that trilogy and I am going t suggest it for my book club.

So glad I got a Kindle so I can read again. Need to do something to keep busy.

JudySz

Comment

I read The Help on my Kindle and loved it. I haven't seen the movie yet, but hope to soon.

I just finished reading a great book called Page from a Tennessee Journal by Francine Howard about a sharecropper's family in Tennessee back in 1914. Very well written dealing with the plight of poor African-American families during that era. It was a Kindle book that I got for $1.99.
        Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
        Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
        Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

I loved The Help, now I'm reading The Secret Life of Josephine by Carolly Erickson. About the eirly years of Napoleon's wife. So good!

Comment

Working...
          X