ACEO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACEO

I don't know who is still on MS World who remembers making ACEO's. I loved doing them and would like to suggest we do them again.

I know our MS World format has changed a lot, but I think this could be a creative exercise for us. The subject could once again be MS.

This time though, instead of one person having the burden of keeping lists and mailing i think it would be fun to just contact someone who might like the idea of exchanging them. Just one on one, so there is no one absorbing postage for many.

Anyway, I'd like to add to my collection, so if interested contact me.

You can go to Etsy and look under Art if you don't know what an ACEO is or if you need idea.

Diane :-)
    You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

count me in!

Diane.,...count me in! I guess I don't know how you exchanged them last time..but maybe we can start a thread just for this and those of you who understand can set it up.

Can they be sent under the book rate by USPS? That would be very cheap.

let me know! I had never heard of this and it is fascinating.

j
    Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

It is fun

Originally posted by justacowgirl View Post
      Diane.,...count me in! I guess I don't know how you exchanged them last time..but maybe we can start a thread just for this and those of you who understand can set it up.

Can they be sent under the book rate by USPS? That would be very cheap.

let me know! I had never heard of this and it is fascinating.

j

Hi j,

looks so far like it's just you and me. I suggest you might type 'ACEO' into a google (or any) search and you will be amazed at the variety.

We once had a different format for our MSWorld which was both good and bad.

We did an ACEO project and the subject was MS oriented.

One person co-ordinated the project and sent out addresses etc. That's a lot of work.

I suggested to you we just individually mail our ACEO. They are small and can fit a card envelope easily, but I would re-enforce the envelope as the post office is rough on stuff.

You can make your own ACEO cardstock, but you can buy the precut ones at Michaels and other places like that.

Some people use other materials besides paper, but the one steadfast rule is the size must be 3.5 inch X 2.5 . Think of a trading card and that's the size (like a baseball trading card).

If you have friends here you could pass my ACEO post to them as many don't come to this forum.

Meanwhile you and I can start. I suggest we just e-mail each other our mailing address and give each other 30 days to do the ACEO. You can make more than one of the same design or different ones so you can send to others if they are interested.

I even purchased an ACEO album in which I have about 30 that were from our project here on MS World.

Oh...and do you want an MS theme or just anything?

Diane
      You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky10
        I remember! Feel free to use the Friends of MSWorld website to post and Private Message. You can even post pictures of your cards.

http://friendsofmsworld.proboards.com/

Somewhere on this website, in the area that was replaced with the Creative Center, is a display of those. Anyone remember who started those? I need a word to search for...
        I loved doing them. I was thinking just like you; wondered if we kept the link?

Try Cimonez (That doesn't look to be spelled just right). I'll look at my old aceos to find some names.

Sparky, don't you want to make one?

Diane

Comment

I will email you my address........and I would like to do something on MS/life....doesn't have to be too esoteric does it???

FUN!! My creative juices are flowing.............

j

Comment

What's your thought on an MS card topic....

Could be something like 'what MS means to me', my brain via MS, MS shoes, etc.

Send me ideas you'd like to use.

Try going to the Friends of MS site; we can chat there if you'd like.

Diane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky10
              That's a bit crafty for me. I'm a McGyver - I can fix things but when it comes to creating from scratch, I'm, at a loss!
              Aw.....you could do it! Heck, if you can fix things you can do this with ease.

But....i understand. If you change your mind let us know.

Diane

Comment

OH! I would love to do this. I am very creative but haven't used my creativity in a long time. Count me in and let me know what I need to do.

Comment

I have a constructive comment to make, please take it in it's intended constructive forma. I think you would get better/more response if you posted a short description of WHAT an ACEO was. I was curious, thought it might be a new drug, treatment or MS complication, for Pete's sake.

I did follow the first link and was surprised at what you were talking about. Before following the link, I was totally clueless. Many people, some that might be interested, IF they knew what ACEO was, might not bother reading very far or trying the like.

Another McGyver type'o here. My photography is my art and creative side. Sounds like something with potential many may like it could be interesting to many.

Gomer Good idea, good luck!

Comment

What is an ACEO!

Originally posted by gomer View Post
                    I have a constructive comment to make, please take it in it's intended constructive forma. I think you would get better/more response if you posted a short description of WHAT an ACEO was. I was curious, thought it might be a new drug, treatment or MS complication, for Pete's sake.

I did follow the first link and was surprised at what you were talking about. Before following the link, I was totally clueless. Many people, some that might be interested, IF they knew what ACEO was, might not bother reading very far or trying the like.

Another McGyver type'o here. My photography is my art and creative side. Sounds like something with potential many may like it could be interesting to many.

Gomer Good idea, good luck!
                    No offense taken. Sorry to anyone who thought it might be an MS treatment; I can see how that might happen.
                    An ACEO stands for Art Cards, Editions and Originals. They are small works of art, originally exchanged by artists, but picked up popularity as people began exchanging them with others who collected them. They must fit into a 2 1/2 X 3 1/2 format. They could be hand drawn, computer generated, photographs, fabric or any other material which the creator can imagine.

You can check out some of the ACEO's here on Sparky's link in this forum.

They are fun and no one is judging them; they are just a creative expression. In this case the theme is MS.

Diane

Comment

How to reach you.

Originally posted by Lexie View Post
                      OH! I would love to do this. I am very creative but haven't used my creativity in a long time. Count me in and let me know what I need to do.
                      HI Lexie, love to exchange an ACEO with you. I went to your profile and couldn't find an e-mail address to give you mailing info.

I hope you will scroll thru this topic here and find Sparky's link which shows our past efforts.

So far it's only three of us. Still fun to do.

I think in one of our ACEO efforts there were 13 of us and one person was in charge of sending each of the 13 one of each card. They are small so they can easily be placed in a regular card envelope and sent.

If you have an e-mail address you can add it to your profile and then I can send you more info.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Diane

Comment

Better terminology - ATC (Artist Trading Cards)

I think I should have referred to ATC vs ACEO. The ATC description more closely resembles the type of cards we exchanged on MS World a few years ago.

ATC's are works of art on 2. 5" x 3. 5" card stock, the size of sports trading cards. All techniques are allowed and anybody can produce them.

ATCs are signed, dated, and titled on the back then traded away for ATCs made by others. Money never exchanges hands and all trades are one-for-one.

Comment

That sounds like fun! Am I too late to join in?

T2B
                          , T2B

"I have a lot of pain in my microwave".

Comment

where are my friends who were going to do this?

T2B, love to exchange with you. If you will go to the user CP you will see my e-mail. Send me a note and we can make plans to exchange.

I had two other interested MS friends, but haven't heard from them.....

Hey, Lexie and Cowgirl.....waiting to hear from you.

Diane

Comment

Diane and Lexie.... thanks for being patient with me..I am in my busy work season. I responded to Diane last night..

I sent Diane my email but not my address!! So you guys figure it out and I will mail you both something.

Let me know!!!

Maybe Sparky could make more of a general announcement of this; people who might not read this thread might be interested.

Something like.........Get involved in this Creative Corner project!!

j

Comment

Working...
                              X