Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS is like dandelions

For me MS is like dandelions:

A person may look at dandelion and say, "That looks so pretty considering it is a weed."
    MS version - "You look so good even though you have MS."

Dandelions sprout, bloom, turn to seed and blow away.
    MS version - you start strong and then poof your energy is gone.

One dandelion sprouts up in the yard - that seems manageable. You put out a little weed killer and it seems to do the job. Then a while later there is a new dandelion and this time it has friends.
    MS version - You find out you have MS so you take medication to slow its progression and treat symptoms. This works (sometimes for awhile, sometimes for years) then poof new symptoms or lesions pop up to keep the other ones company.

Most people enjoy seeing dandelions as long as they do not invade their yard
    Most people still want to be friends with individuals that have MS as long as MS doesn't invade their friendship.

No matter what, the child in all of us enjoys seeing dandelions. No matter what (even with MS) there is a child in all of us.

Good analogy!
    techie
    Another pirated saying:
    Half of life is if.
    When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
    Dogs Rule!

Comment

A weed is just a flower growing in it's own place.

Comment

I love that and have always liked dandilions! Good thing !!!
        Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Dandelions make great salad greens and awesome wine. We can use dandelions to make wonderful dinners.

Analogy..............

MS may be a dandelion but it teaches us important lessons (can be used ) and does not have to rule our life.

j
          Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

Thanks for sharing
            Dx with RRMS :April 2007
            Meds: Copaxone

Comment

Excellent!

I love it. I get freaked out when I see one in my grass. My neighbor must love them as her yard is full of them. Those little buggers go to seed and drift on the breeze which brings them to my house. Ugh.

Now when I was a kid I loved them and picked my mom a bouquet which she gracefully accepted and put in a vase. Dear mom!!!

We also used to rub them under our chins; the yellow pollen would rub off; meant something, but I forget what!

There are a few good things about dandelions....

Dandelion Tea
              Dandelion Salad
              Bouquets for moms.

Can you add to this list?

Only good thing about MS is it brings us all together :-)

Diane
              You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

That's a very good analogy. As a 5 year old, I always made wishes on the dandelion fuzz - I learned quickly which ones were ready to have their fuzz blown away and which ones weren't ready yet. No wonder our yard was covered with dandelions (and my mother's garden - all her time spent weeding, and she had a specific dandelion popper to get the deep roots out). I never did get that pony, though, lol.
                Diagnosis: May, 2008
                Avonex, Copaxone, Tysabri starting 8/17/11

Comment

Originally posted by DianeD View Post
                  I love it. [I] We also used to rub them under our chins; the yellow pollen would rub off; meant something, but I forget what!
                  We were told if your chin turned yellow from the pollen, we liked butter!
                  1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                  Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

You're right

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                    We were told if your chin turned yellow from the pollen, we liked butter!
                    That's what they said (and boy do I like butter!)
                    You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Dandelion Wine.
                      Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

Thank you SO much for posting this and sharing this little happiness. I am revealed that not all of us have a case of PMS. Poor Me Syndrome. Even though I forget sometimes...

Comment

Thank you thank you for this... It made me smile on a day smiles seemed distant.
                          Stay well
                          Heather

Comment

Working...
                          X