Do you get discouraged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you get discouraged?

I sometimes do. A friend sent me an email I'd like to share that I read often.

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. Helen Keller

My friend also inserted "What I can do, I will do!"

I now have this on my fridge and it helps me on the days I get discouraged....when I can't do the things I used to do.
    Hopes this uplifts someone else
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Yes I get discouraged sometimes,but then I think;... Make a good life out of this one or die.

That thought makes life seem a little more attractive to me and helps me try harder to be happy with what I have and can do.

It may sound dark but it works for me?

Comment

You betcha I do!!!

I like the quote from Helen Keller- I should put that on my fridge!

Little things can be just as frustrating as the big stuff- like can't get my earrings on, can't get my weak leg up on the bed, blah, blah, blah!

But just the other day, I decided to become a more positive person and smile, laugh and enjoy my life more in spite of this crappy disease.

Comment

Yes I do. I really like that Helen Keller saying. It is wonderful. Thank you for posting it. I am going to write it on a piece of paper and hang it on my Fridge.
        What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
        X