tantrum time for the Patricia Cornwell fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tantrum time for the Patricia Cornwell fans

OK I am a huge Cornwell fan. Have been since High School, have an entire shelf on my book case dedicated to Cornwell. (Ok, I also have a shelf for Stephen King, another for Anne Rice, and a beginning Nora Roberts collection).

I was so excited when I heard that Fox is making a movie based on the Scarpetta series!

Until.... I found out they are trying to cast Angelina Jolie to play Kay Scarpetta. Don't get me wrong, I like Angelina Jolie, I really do, but she is not Scarpetta! I have always pictured Scarpetta as more of a Jodie Foster type. I don't know maybe I am wrong, but I was really shocked by that one.
    MS induced menopause! Becuase this disease doesn't suck enough on it's own!

Moi aussi. But, also, I dislike her for what she did to Jennifer Aniston too.

Comment

DEFINITELY Jody Foster instead of Angelina Jolie! I LOVE Scarpetta and Angelina Jolie is adamantly NOT Scarpetta! I can't even fathom that they would cast her as Scarpetta. I didn't even know they were making a Scarpetta movie and now I'm really disappointed... <sigh>
      Tracy
      Dxd Devic's NMO Oct 1, 2008
      Imuran started Oct 25, 2008

Comment

Well, I have to agree. I'm a big Patricia Cornwell fan. Angela Jolie is NOT Kay Scarpetta!
        Sue
        Previous Meds: Avonex, Copaxone
        Beta Babe: January 2007

Comment

Wow.. first I am hearing of this! I think AJ is not the right one for it but neither is JF, unless they can make her look Italian? Hmm, when is this supposed to happen anyways? I feel like I live under a rock

Comment

Originally posted by susieqj View Post
            Well, I have to agree. I'm a big Patricia Cornwell fan. Angela Jolie is NOT Kay Scarpetta!
            DITTO
            Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Besides laughing my head off, where can I find a chronological list of Cornwell's "Scarpetta" books?

It seems like I've read so many, but missed alot too.

I'm also reading an "Iris Johansen" book right now that I feel like I've missed half of. It's listed as "An Eve Duncan Forensics Thriller", and I recognise the players but I know I've missed half the story.

On to the movie thing...JUST NOOO!!!

Comment

How about Natalie Portman as Scarpetta? She could look Italian. If anybody suggests Miley Cyrus, I'm gonna to barf up an elf!

Comment

I agree! I think Jodie would be an excellent choice I too love Cornwell and have read all her books.

Stumblebum

Comment

Wow! I also think that AJ is not right either...how bout Sygnory Weaver? I am thinkin about strong women..
                    "Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it." ~~Rumi

Comment

WillyNilly here you go.
                      "Kay Scarpetta" series:
                      In chronological order.

* Postmortem (1990) ISBN 0-684-19141-5
                      * Body of Evidence (1991) ISBN 0-684-19240-3
                      * All That Remains (1992) ISBN 0-684-19395-7
                      * Cruel and Unusual (1993) ISBN 0-684-19530-5
                      * The Body Farm (1994) ISBN 0-684-19597-6
                      * From Potter's Field (1995) ISBN 0-684-19598-4
                      * Cause of Death (1996) ISBN 0-399-14146-4
                      * Unnatural Exposure (1997) ISBN 0-399-14285-1
                      * Point of Origin (1998) ISBN 0-399-14394-7
                      * Black Notice (1999) ISBN 0-399-14508-7
                      * The Last Precinct (2000) ISBN 0-399-14625-3
                      * Blow Fly (2003) ISBN 0-399-15089-7
                      * Trace (2004) ISBN 0-399-15219-9
                      * Predator (2005) ISBN 0-399-15283-0
                      * Book of the Dead (2007) ISBN 0-399-15393-4
                      * Scarpetta (2008) ISBN 0-316-73314-8
                      * The Scarpetta Factor (Released October 2009) ISBN 0-399-15639-9

I think you guys are mistaking JF for Clarice in the Silence of the Lambs
                      She would be good but would need to dye her hair.. she just doesn't look Italian to me. There is someone but I can't think of who... SW is a good choice
                      RedWings, you eat elves

Comment

WillyNilly, if you go to Wikipedia and put in the author's name, you can find their books listed in order.

I did it for Iris Johansen and it showed the Eve Duncan series.
                        Sue
                        Previous Meds: Avonex, Copaxone
                        Beta Babe: January 2007

Comment

Angelina Jolie , no way !

Comment

Alas, Jodie Foster will not play Kay Scarpetta. Patricia Cornwell approached Jodie about the role a couple of years ago and Jodie turned it down.

According to news reports, Angelina Jolie expressed her interest in playing Scarpetta directly to Patricia Cornwell. The two came to an agreement, and it's apparently a done deal. Unless AJ backs out, she will play Scarpetta.

Comment

Kay Scarpetta

I'd have to look to see which book it is, but Kay actually describes herself as a 'fair Italian' not so much as dark haired-olive skinned. It had to do with the area of Italy I believe her dad was from....
                              The person who knows how to laugh at himself will never cease to be amused.

Comment

Working...
                              X