FINALLY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FINALLY!

Yesterday hubby and I went for our first motorcycle ride of the season! What with the cold and rainy month of May, this was really late to start riding. And we were gone 2 hours at that!!

But better late than never. We are starting to think about getting a trike. Hate to give in to this d---ms again, but might have to, to make things easier all around. We really enjoy riding and don't want to give it up. He's gonna do some checking---we'll see.

been tough here to get out too. We went out on Saturday took the back roads all day to our favorite place to get wings. Then took all the back roads home again. It was great.
    Kelli

Comment

Riding

Sounds like alot of fun.I had to give up riding with my
      husband a few years back due to a bad back.He still rides
      his motorcycle to work,saves on gas but he doesn't get
      much else riding because of me.

I still remember the air in my face and hair,and the freedom you feel while riding.

Comment

My KIA was repossesed in '09 due to lack of $. We also lost our home and after 19yrs went from a 1700sq ft home to maybe an 800sqft apt.

My husband & I used to go riding but he ended up selling his bike after a pretty scarey slide he took rounding a corner. The day my car was to be picked up an old friend called me saying her 18yr old son had gotten a DUI & couldn't drive for a year & did I need a car? UH...YES!!!

It had been rolled so the passenger side was trashed, but we were able to repair some of the cosmetic. I didn't realize, nor did they I believe, how unkempt this car was mechanically! It was completely unsafe to drive! The car ended up being worth about 1/16 of what the repairs would be. So..it sits empty.

Another good friend was driving this cute Mazda Miata that they had bought from her brother. Even though its a '91, it was garaged for 8yrs & I know both owners! Her kids were grown & gone so it was working good until they, overnight became the guardians of their neice & 2 nephews. A 2 seater convertible & a pickup weren't gonna cut it anymore! They were putting the Miata up for sale for $1000. but were willing to let me drive it for a few weeks to see if it would work (5spd- manual) I LOVED IT!! Even in a bad flare it was still easier to drive, plus it was mechanically sound, Praise God!

We call it our '4 wheeled motorcycle' because it could run with the best of them & you get that great open air driving feel!! Its hilarious watching my 6'2" 276lbs DH get in & out but the drive is so very worth it! DH actually figured out how to get my mobility scooter into it as I had to have it Sat. & it gets better gas milage!
        "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

Dx 2004, Copx, Rebif, Ty Beta- I'm done!!

Comment

I have a '98 Mazda Miata convertible and I love it!!!! (I am 60 years old) When I was diagonosed with MS about a month ago my hubby said we probably need to get you another car. I said a loud emphatically NO! Of course he and my son have a classic rod shop that restores old cars so I could have my pick, but I prefer the Miata. Some things you just can't give up!

Comment

Kathy

So happy to hear you are out there on the bike. I always enjoy your posts..you have a great attitude and common sense.

Wish you could ride up here to the NW for a burger and a brew at our favorite joint.

And trikes are cool lookin'!!!
            Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

Working...
            X