X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a little immature but...

I'm reading "Why do men fall asleep after sex?"

it's the follow up/sequal to "Why do men have nipples?"

it's very easy to read, and I find it entertaining. Has anyone read Richard Cohen's new book? in fact, is it even out yet?
    Jody - AKA Mac1ntosh

I love an Apple...computer that is!
    DX'99 - Started Betaseron April '05 - Quit Betaseron Sept. '15
    Started Gilenya Oct. '15

Comment

Originally posted by JodyLee
      I'm reading "Why do men fall asleep after sex?"?
      Sounds like light reading to me and may help put me to sleep, lol.

Just finished "can't wait to get to heaven" by fannie flagg. Has already been discussed here, i think but thought it worth another mention. All her books are so good and characters so likable
      wendy

Comment

I'm reading Nora Roberts' Going Home, it has three of her books in one. Light, easy reading.

Comment

I'm enjoying the cookbook some friends here in Savannah gave me: Eat * Taste * Heal: An Ayurvedic Cookbook for Modern Living by Thomss Yarema, MD, Daniel Rhoda, and Chef Johnny Brannigan.

In addition to wonderful recipes and photos, it also has a lot of info on Ayurvedic concepts and the seven chakras, advantages of organic foods, seasonal foods, food that helps heal various conditions, foods important in various stages of life (including pregnancy and breastfeeding), and a list of interesting Web sites with more info.

I was especially interested in the drawbacks of using microwaves in food preparation. The advice is to avoid putting anything containing sugar into the microwave because irradiated sugar has been shown to damage human chromosomes and affect cell growth.
          Auntie Lori (SPMS, taking LDN since 8/04)
          Everything in life is a trade-off.

Comment

Being newly DX I ran to Boarders to find more information...my selection was very small to chose from but I picked up a book by Margaret Blackstone called A Patient-Expert Walks you through everything you need to learn and do : The First Year MS : an essential Guide for the newly DX.

Between reading this book and all of the wonderful people on this board I feel like there is hope. Being a mom of three younger kids there was the question: What's going to happen to me - What's going to happen to my family? I'm scared to death but I put on my brave face for everyone else.
            Whenever I'm felling blue or scared I read the book and come to the boards........Thanks for being there everyone!
            Joyce

Dx 12-21-2006
            Rebif started 1/2007

Comment

I am involved in a group read of The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins. It is a public domain book available as a free download on the Project Gutenberg site and I am reading it on my pda.

Comment

Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov

Reread this book after 40 years. A masterpiece! Read it along with the full version recorded by Jeremy Irons on CD. The best spoken word recording I've ever heard.

Comment

Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov

Reread this book after 40 years. A masterpiece! Read it along with the full version recorded by Jeremy Irons on CD. The best spoken word recording I've ever heard.

Comment

Flyingleo

Reading Richardard Cohen's book "Blindsided". Wow, it really hits home, at least for me, with the constant battles having MS. A good read.

Lee

Comment

The problem is remembering what I've read after I read it. I go from one great book to another so I constantly have one going.

Right now is "March", a fiction story about a fiction story! Think "Little Women"... and then "March" is the tale from the father's perspective while he is away at the civil war. I like the idea of the concept more than the actual book.

"The Stolen Child" really cool sci-fi about hobgoblins that substitute themselves for children and then live the life of the child while the real child becomes a hobgoblin. Interesting and strange, my kind of book.

"Tiger Force" an incredibly well researched book about the war in Vietnam and the atrocities perpetrated by one special forces group and the effects on the men & Vietnamese families at the time and years later. Riveting but I was glad when it was over. Makes me wonder about Iraq.

One of my favorite authors is Connie Willis. She blends history and sci-fi. Start with "The Doomsday Book" and then "Lincoln's Dreams" if interested.

Before the books mentioned above, I read and really enjoyed, "Shadow Divers" a true saga of the discovery of a sunken U-boat off the coast of Brielle, New Jersey, and of the divers who were determined to identify the boat and figure out how it got there.

OK I used the internet to help me remember my last great reads!

Comment

I'm currently reading In Cold Blood by Truman Capote. A little slow moving but not a bad read.

Comment

lilyrae, I read In Cold Blood when it first came out (I think it ran in serial form in The New Yorker). Though I'm not a big Capote fan, I thought this book was really well done and absorbing.

Have you seen the movie version? It was good, too, IMO.
                          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Originally posted by agate
                            lilyrae, I read In Cold Blood when it first came out (I think it ran in serial form in The New Yorker). Though I'm not a big Capote fan, I thought this book was really well done and absorbing.
                            Originally posted by agate

Have you seen the movie version? It was good, too, IMO.

Are you talking about Capote or is there an actual In Cold Blood movie?

Comment

I am reading Pride and Prejiduce Right now... its a great read. I just got done with the Notebook which was also a really great book. I love to read, so if anyone has any suggestions on some good new titles, send them my way.
                              <3 Heatherdawn

Humanity is sitting on a ticking time bomb. If the vast majority of the worlds scientists are right, we have just ten years to avert a major catastrophe that could send our entire planet into a tail-spin of epic destruction involving extreme weather, floods, droughts, epidemics and killer waves beyond anything that we have ever experienced. ~Al Gore

Comment

hi lilyrae - There is a movie called In Cold Blood. It was based on the book. It is from several yrs ago and from what I remember it scared the heck out of me when I saw it on tv. Believe it or not it starred Robert Blake who was recently on trial for murdering his wife.
                                Take care - Kevin

Comment

Working...
                                X