No announcement yet.

What are you reading now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've downloaded so many great, free books for my Kindle that I'll be reading them for the next couple of years!

The last book I read was For Time and Eternity (Sister Wife) by Allison Pittman. I really enjoyed it and can't wait to read the sequel to it.

The book I'm reading now (another Amazon freebie) is Barefoot Sisters: Southbound, which is a true story about two sisters who hiked the Appalachian Trail in 2000 - barefoot! It makes me want to go grab a backpack and start hiking, though I doubt I'd get very far. (Just trying to get up the trail to the tower on top of Clingman's Dome a few months ago about did me in!) But I can always dream.
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Right now I have 3 Janet Evanovich books (#17, #18 and wicked appetite with a new one coming that isn't out yet). And I have trilogy by Nora Roberts, a book by Max Lucado, Ellen DeGeneres' book, The Help, something by James Patterson (can't remember the name) and about 200 paperbacks that my neighbor just gave me (mostly romance). Oh, and also an amish series. So I guess I better get started! lol

Comment

Just finished a memoir "Look me in the eye" by John Elder Robison (an Aspergian, like me...)
        In the middle of Carl Sagan's 1977 Pulitzer winning "The Dragons of Eden"
        Soon to start on "V" by Thomas Pynchon.
        RRMS: dx:March '07. Started CombiRx June 2007 - Avonex or Copaxone or Both; Study unblinded Nov.2011 - have been on only Copaxone.
        "e lascia pur grattar dov'e la rogna" (Dante "Divine Comedy")

Comment

Finished The Stormchasers by Jenna Blum (enjoyed it very much) and now reading The Tiger's Wife. Book group will be reading Blum's Those Who Save Us at the end of the month and since I read it some time ago, I'll have to reread that soon. It was very good as well.

Comment

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. My 28 yr old daughter & her book club loved it. I'm 58 yr old male but agree with them.

Comment

I'm reading Kitchen Table Wisdom by Rachel Naomi Remen, MD. Very inspirational book focusing on the POSITIVE insights, life changes, introspection, and spirituality that are found when living with chronic illness.

I'm a fairly new diagnosis and this book is helping me accept and make meaning out of this illness.

Jade

Comment

Kindle/Nook Book: Forever Young by Morgan Mandel

I loved Kitchen Table Wisdom!

I'm now reading Morgan Mandel's Forever Young, a Kindle book about a risky new pill that returns an older person to youth ... a mystery, patients die, relatives go missing ... You can search for her blog or Facebook page and read an excerpt. I'm struck by the promise of youth from a pill ... and the semi-promise of the new pills for MS... which adds to the shivers when I'm reading!

And my book is at Amazon, paperback, not Kindle.
                First symptoms: 1970s Dx 6/07 Copaxone 7/07 DMD Free 10/11
                Ignorance was bliss ... I regret knowing.

Comment

I just finished reading the entire All Creatures Great and Small series by James Herriot on my Kindle for the umpteenth time. I first read these books when I was a teenager. I loved them then, and I still love them now, 37 years later.

Now I'm reading an actual, physical, non-Kindle book (and having great difficultly doing so because it's awkward to hold, and I keep dropping it and losing my place.) It's called Feathers Brush My Heart, and it's a collection of true stories by women who have received what the author calls "afterlife gifts" from their mothers who have passed on. It's mainly about ways mothers contact their daughters after death to reassure them that they are still watching over them and are okay. (I had several of these contacts with my mom after she died.) It's a great book.
                  Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
                  Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
                  Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

I just finished up "Shadow of the Wind" for a book club and for anyone that is a fan of writing, stories or just loves a good mystery - this is the book for you. It is set in Spain and not long after World War II but there is a love story that is integral so it isn't just thrown in.

I am hoping to finish up House of Mirth sometime this summer too....but it will have to be after NaNoWriMo (I am hopeful that I can write and the optic neuritis wont hold me back too much).
                    “You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car but because they sing a song only you can hear.”
                    ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

U.S.A "trilogy"

Reading John Dos Passos' "U.S.A" that my high school literature teacher in the 1970's spoke highly of.
                      I'm thoroughly enjoying it from the historical perspective of the time.
                      RRMS: dx:March '07. Started CombiRx June 2007 - Avonex or Copaxone or Both; Study unblinded Nov.2011 - have been on only Copaxone.
                      "e lascia pur grattar dov'e la rogna" (Dante "Divine Comedy")

Comment

I'm reading the new Philippa Gregory book " The Lady of the Rivers" About King Henery VI court & one special lady Jacquetta a Duchess & Lady in Waiting to the Queen.
                        So Good!.

Comment

very enjoyable read

Just finished "The Weird Sisters" by Eleanor Brown, a first time novelist. Excellent story about 3 sisters; loosely based on the good girls from Shakespeare's King Lear. Really liked this book and will be eager to see what the author does next. Good summer read.

Comment

When I was Cool - Sam Kashner

Just started reading, but will let you know - a little dry at the start...
                            Peace, Love, Laughter
                            michele - dx 2012, 1st sx 2000 - starting Copaxone 7/2012

Comment

Just got through reading Still Alice by Lisa Genova. A really good book about a woman with early-onset Alzheimer's.

Comment

I'm in a Dostoyevksy mood right now, even if his books are very long (like most Russian authors). Re-reading The Brothers Karamazov, and it is still amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X