• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The History of Love by Nicole Krauss....so far so good

Comment

Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

Comment

Finished The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot, one thousand gifts by Ann Voskamp, and Dakota by Kathleen Norris. Now am reading Sing Them Home by Stephanie Kallos.

Comment

Oh, Loved, I also read the Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks and loved it! right now I'm reading Five Quarters of the Orange by Joanne Harris for our book group. I can't put it down! She also wrote Chocolat.
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Just reread The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein for my book group. And now am reading Blue Shoe by Anne Lamott.

Comment

My My 12 yo loved Sean Griswold's Head by Lindsey Leavitt

Saw an online ad for Sean Griswold's Head by Lindsey Leavitt and my 12 yo had to have it. She read it in 4 days. It is a book about a girl whose father is diagnosed with MS and her parent's don't tell her until she catches them hiding it from her. My daughter could so relate to the character, except she said I didn't hide it from her.

Comment

Acedia & me by Kathleen Norris

Comment

book

Just finished "Inside of a Dog" by Alexandra Horowitz....kind of dry but hugely insightful to what our 4-legged kids are all about. Am now reading "Sing me Home" by Jodi Picoult. If you are a fan of previous books by her, this one won't disappoint you. Great read so far.

Comment

Originally posted by goddessmoon View Post
                    Am now reading "Sing me Home" by Jodi Picoult. If you are a fan of previous books by her, this one won't disappoint you. Great read so far.
                    I think I've read all of her books, except that one. Love her books. I just finished Zeitoun by Dave Eggers for my book group. It takes place in New Orleans after Katrina and the struggle of one man and his family. It is a non-fiction, but reads likes a novel and is a National bestseller!
                    Part of his story just broke my heart and some parts made me very angry at FEMA!!
                    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Right now I'm reading a book I read many years ago called "The Red Heart" James Alexander Thom. It's about a little girl who was kidnapped by Indians back in pioneer days. Excellent book! (I'd forgotten most of it, so it's like reading it again for the first time.) Mr. Thom is also the author of one of my favorite books, "Follow the River".

I am so happy that I bought that Kindle! It's opened up the world of reading to me again!
                      Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
                      Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
                      Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

I am reading The Emperor of All Maladies: A History of Cancer, by Siddhartha Mukherjee. I started to read this a few months ago but didn't have time for it. Now that school is out and I only have one job, I have time again. It reads like a biography... of cancer. So far it's a great pleasure to read and quite interesting and educational too.
                        Portia

Comment

I'm reading The Stand by Stephen King. I am on a Stephen King kick yet again. I just can't help myself.

Comment

J Patterson

daisymay, His books ARE amazing. Have you read Calender?

There are so many I cannot recall all of them.

If you want to read some really exellent by James, check

out his Alex Cross series. The 1st two are, "Along Came a

Spider" & "Kiss The Girls". Hopefully you've seen the films
                            'cause you'll hear Morgan Freeman's voice when you're

reading Alex speak! Let me know how it goes.

At this time I'm reading Clive Cussler's NUMA Files.

Also good reading! (Just finished "A Thousand Splendid

Suns". Good read!

hugs, angel
                            livelover

Comment

I am reading

I an reading the Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connolly, it is great.

I just finished reading The Help. Thatwas a page turner,
                              Both books on my kindle on I pad. I thought I would never give up reading hard back books, but this technology is so much better for me.

Comment

I'm reading a book that I got free from Amazon for my Kindle called Journey to the Well: A Novel by Diane Taylor. It's about the Samarian woman Jesus met at the well and about her life. It's a really good book! It reminds me of one of my favorites when I was younger, Two From Galilee by Marjorie Holmes.

By the way, Amazon has a great assortment of new books that they offer free for Kindles at various times. The selection is always changing, so check them out!
                                Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
                                Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
                                Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Working...
                                X