No announcement yet.

What are you reading now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now reading Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford.

Comment

I'm reading one for fun & one for deep thinking

So the first is a book on wine by Oz Clarke: Let Me Tell You About Wine. This is an easy read and I've been learning a lot more about wine from this book than from any other! (That's my one "for fun")

The Third Jesus:The Christ We Cannot Ignore by Deepak Chopra is my "deep thinking read". Just started it last night. Complex, intribuing and challenging (and that's just after the foreward and 1st chapter!); some may call it heretical and others may see it as simply "new-agey". I'm up for the challenge looking at Jesus the Christ beyond the historical man, and beyond the dogma to look at the "Third Jesus".

Both books will definitely will make some interesting dinner conversation!!

Blessings,
      Biscuit
      Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
      Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy, by Sarah Ban Breathnach

A book for women with a topic for every day. Sample topics include gratitude, harmony, self-nurturing, positive body image, the importance of scented linen closets, and many others. Haven't finished it yet. I'm taking some of her suggestions, mulling over others, and, discarding still others.

But, most days, I find something thought-provoking to underline, circle, or write a comment about.

~ Faith

~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

re: patterson

daisymay, Haven't read that one, but am now readng
          Honeymoon by him.
          Have you read the "Alex Cross" series by Patterson? It
          begins with "Along Came A Spider" and "Kiss The Girls"
          which are both movies. Morgan Freeman plays Alex Cross,
          a forensic psycologist and every he's speaking (in the book)
          I hear Morgan's voice. Others have said the same.

hugs, angel
          livelover

Comment

Now reading Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran

Comment

Just finished reading Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout. Our book group will be discussing this one tomorrow. Last month's discussion was The Tenderness of Wolves but can't remember the author. Both good reads.
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I just finished "Fall Of Giants" by Ken Follett.
                It's the 1st. book in his new trillogy. I did enjoy it, now I have a whole new cast to follow & wonder about.
                God Bless Nona Judy

Comment

Gone With The Wind
                  Blessed be
                  Diane

Comment

reading

I just finished "Freedom" by Jonathan Frantzen. Excellent read. Great character development and he has a way of inter-weaving current events and social issues into his story.

Comment

Autoimmune The Cause and The Cure

I got to see an advance copy of this book. My friend did the web design. The website is Nature Had It First. The book is coming out today or tomarrow. This is no normal book. It uses studies from around the world to identify the cause of MS and how to cure it. Unbelievable, I know. There will be others talking about this book soon,I'm sure.

Comment

About to finish The Recipe Club by Andrea Israel & Nancy Garfinkel. Then on to The Life of Pi.

Comment

THIS THREAD :-)

Comment

Trace by Patricia Cornwell!!
                            I have been reading the whole Scarpetta series!!

Comment

Will always be reading the Holy Bible.

Comment

I'm only a third of the way through Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger and love it!! She also wrote The Time Traveler's Wife.
                                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                                X