What are you reading now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beingmindful View Post
    I did read that there is another Steig Larsson manuscript that was 2/3 finished but the rights to it are tied up in litigation over his estate. So. . . hang in there, we may have one more!
    Sounds like a commercial move but sure I'd read it when it's printed.

By the way before "The Mesnevi" I started reading a classic, Amerika by Franz Kafka. Really interesting to read Kafka, travelling through U.S. (which he has never been in his life) using his leading character.
    Just a dream and wind to carry me, soon I will be free...

Comment

Reading

I am currently reading The Water is Wide by Pat Conroy. I started it the day before my Tysabri treatment and have not been able to read since my Ty headache will not allow me to read.

Have you joined Goodreads.com? It is a free website where you can keep track of books you want to read, have read and are reading. You can rate the books as well. You can also follow people and see what they have read. I love this site!

Give it a look and let me know what you think. You can also follow me, Shaun Paddock

Thanks for a nice topic to discuss instead of our fun disease!
      I may have MS but MS does not have me!

Comment

Read Mark Haddon's other book as well. . . something like The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time.

Then read Jane Hamilton's Book of Ruth.

And now I'm reading Jon Krakauer's Where Men Win Glory.

Comment

I'm currently reading 'Port Mortuary' by, Patricia Cornwell

Comment

Gave up after reading 2/3 of Krakauer's book. Couldn't take his attitude.

So then read One Day by David Nicholls. That was for my book group. . . and not one I would recommend. Another .

Now I'm reading one I picked up cheap at Walmart. . . can't even remember the title. Worthless as well. I do need to return to my very selective mode.

Comment

current read

I just started Cutting for Stone... so far so good! Prior to that I read The Art of Racing in the Rain for my book group. Entertaining, easy read, esp. if you like dogs!
              teacherellen
              teacherellen
              "Life unfolds in moments"
              Possible MS

Comment

Ken Follet

I recently finished Ken Follet's A world without end and previous to that Pillars of the Earth. I loved them so much I started to read other historical novels by other authors in the same era. I highly recommend them.
                RRMS Diagnosed December 2009,
                on Copaxone December 2009-October 2011 -
                Starting interferons hopefully soon.

Comment

great read

I just finished "Cutting for Stone" by Abraham Verghese. One of the best and most beautiful books I've read in some time. This story and the characters are richly written and will stay with me for some time. I highly recommend it!!

Comment

Ooooh, I just loved Cutting for Stone. Now THAT is a good book (in great contrast to the others I've mentioned recently).

I also just began reading The Art of Racing in the Rain. . . so
                    I'm glad to hear your thoughts, teacherellen.

Comment

Finished The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. Really enjoyed that.

Now am reading The Heretic's Daughter by Kathleen Kent. Enjoying that as well.

Comment

great read

For anyone who has a dog or has loved a dog, I highly recommend "A Dog's Purpose." Beautifully written, from the dog's perspective, on finding it's purpose in being alive. Have the tissues ready. Heart-warming, insightful and I found it deeply profound.

Comment

Blindsided

I am 2/3 of the way through Blindsided by Richard M Cohen.

WONDERFUL BOOK!

It is his true life story but written so well that I just eat it up. If you didnt know, he has had MS for something like 30 years and 2 bouts of cancer.

Sounds boring I know but SO WORTH reading. Oh I can't put it down. He little comments here and there about his struggles with MS make me laugh and cry.

CrazyCatLady
                          MS Does Not Define Me.....My Love of Tea Does! LOL!

Comment

Now reading Garlic and Sapphires by Ruth Reichl. And also reading The Mathers:Three Generations of Puritan Intellectuals by ??? (don't know off hand).

Comment

What I am reading

I am reading, red herring with mustard. Hope I wrote that right, it is by Alan Bradley. The third in a series of a young girl in Englad after the war. She is 11 and a budding privateer eye. Shr solves many crimes before the local constable.

I loved bindsided and the art of racing in the rain. I have a labador service dog.

And a woman at the Y today told me hef dog diagnosed her breast cancer. He kept jumping on on and hitting the breast. He was very frantic. She went to the dr and discovered she had cancer.
                              Coral12

Comment

I just finished Always Looking Up by Michael J Fox. What a great book. He has made such a difference with his foundation. I wish Montel would do something to that scale for MS.

CrazyCatLady
                                MS Does Not Define Me.....My Love of Tea Does! LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X