• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm reading another Lisa See book, called;

On golden mountain. Very good so far!!

It's about her family.

Comment

Just finished an Alex Delaware novel (Jonathan Kellerman)

Now I am working on Juxtapostion by Piers Anthony. He is always good for a light read. My wife just picked up Siddhartha at goodwill so I think I will re-read that next.
      Rise up this mornin, Smiled with the risin sun, Three little birds Pitch by my doorstep Singin sweet songs Of melodies pure and true, Sayin, (this is my message to you-ou-ou

Comment

I Love A Good Murder Mystery

I'm currently reading James Patterson's Women's Murder Club series. About a San Francisco police lieutenant, Chief ADA, Chief Medical Examiner and a crime writer for The Chronical. Four women who are the best of friends and who love to solve murders. Great books! You get attached to the characters when you read a series and this one is a good one.

I also started reading a while back another great one, JA Jance's JP Beaumont series. He's a detective in Seattle (where I used to live) and the author refers to many places and areas that I'm familiar with. Brings back lots of good memories and kinda makes it seem more "real".
        Be Well,

Dx 1995 as RRMS, 2003 SPMS Rx: Gabapentin, Baclofen, Wellbutrin, Clonazepam

Comment

Picture of Dorian Gray and also All the Kings Men. I decided to read some classics as a break from the fabulous John Sandford (Prey series) and MIchael Connelly books.

If you liked Jeremy Groopman, also try his book, Anatomy of Hope.

Comment

Can not read

I cannot read any more. You?
            Sue
            SUSIE99

Comment

Right now

i havent had a whole lot of time to read lately (college, summer classes, ect)

but i have just started Colbert's book 'i am America and so can you'
              Learn from yesterday
              Live for today
              Hope for tomorrow

Comment

R is for READING

SINCE MY BOO-BOO ON 06/09/09 I'VE READ 8 BOOKS:
                THE SHACK BY WM P. YOUNG
                MORTALO FEAR BY ROBIN COOK
                A NUN IN THE CLOSET BY DOROTHY GILMAN
                THE CAT WHO ATE DANISH MODERN BY (CAN'T REMEMBER)
                ANGELS & DEMONS BY DAN BROWN
                THE ALCHEMIST BY PAULO COELHO

THE STARS SHINE DOWN & TELL ME YOUR DREAMS BY SIDNEY SHELDON

I'M AN SS. FREAK, HAVE HIS COMPLETE COLLECTION. GREAT TIME LINES IN HIS BOOKS, BREAKS WITH TRADITIONAL CUSTOMS. ENJOY MYSTERIES.

Comment

The best read around

I just finished T. Egan's "The Worst Hard Time", which is a book about the Dust Bowl in the 1930's. It won a National Book Award, I think. I couldn't put it down. "Dust" Bowl may be an understatement since the "dust" was dirt, mud and bugs and there were many, many storms. It's the story of a terrible time that many people endured and gives the reason why such an environmental catastrophe happened and how people handled it.

Comment

The Pillars of the Earth

Great read by Ken Follett. Some days it is harder for me to read then others, but it kills the time on my hour long bus ride to the city.
                    Kelli

Comment

Rita Mae Brown

Originally posted by mcb View Post
                      I have read the entire series by Rita Mae Brown. Wish there were more.
                      Six of One is one of Rita Mae Brown's best. It is side-splitting funny. She wrote it before the Sneaky Pie Brown series, and it's quite different. It features two southern, older sisters. FUNNY!!

This is one that will have you laughing aloud.

Comment

Lone Survivor-Marcus Luttrell

true story written by a Navy Seal who was on a mission in Afganastan with 3 other seals who were killed by the Taliban. Good read

Comment

Originally posted by Susie99 View Post
                          I cannot read any more. You?
                          Sue
                          I have trouble reading letters move around on me, so I have I-pod and I put audiobooks on it . I love it now I don't have to miss out on the good books, and I really enjoy listening to them while driving, shopping, walking (when I get the chance). I didn't think I would be able to get into the book and fully appreciate it, but it really works. You might give it a try. By the way I love Karen Kingsbury, I'm reading (listening) to the Baxter Series right now.
                          Life is like a coin u can spend it any way u want, but u can only spend it once!

Comment

Just After Sunset by Stephen King

If you're a Stephen King fan, this collection of short stories is a must read, even if you're not, they are a fun, easy read.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegalou View Post
                              I just finished T. Egan's "The Worst Hard Time", which is a book about the Dust Bowl in the 1930's. It won a National Book Award, I think. I couldn't put it down. "Dust" Bowl may be an understatement since the "dust" was dirt, mud and bugs and there were many, many storms. It's the story of a terrible time that many people endured and gives the reason why such an environmental catastrophe happened and how people handled it.

I agree on this one. I also couldn't put it down!
                              Another non-fiction book that captivated me was "Three Cups of Tea" by Greg Mortenson, an avid skier/hiker? who gets lost and hurt in the mountains of Afghanistan. He survives and starts a mission to build schools for the needy Afghani children. News-wise timely and makes one wonder how the schools are fairing during the current war crisis.
                              Seasha~
                              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I am reading Lost symbol by Dan Brown,GOOD BOOK!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X