No announcement yet.

What are you reading now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been reading Chicken Soup for the Wine Lover's Soul: A Toast to the Perfect Occasion by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, and Theresa Peluso. It was a Christmas gift from Sandy.

And I just started reading A Woman in Charge by Carl Bernstein. Altho' I had not requested it, my DH got this book about Hillary Clinton from our local Library.
    Auntie Lori (SPMS, taking LDN since 8/04)
    Everything in life is a trade-off.

Comment

An Inconvenient Book by Glenn Beck - enjoyable reading for those of us who are more conservative and not in agreement with global warming among other issues -

Also Guide to the Battles of the American Revolution -
      "Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." R C Anderson

Comment

If anyone gets a chance, pick up Steven White, his books center around a therapist married to a Colorado District Attorney with MS, he must have someone close to him with it because he really gets it. The books are great reads, hard yo put down.

Comment

I just started Never Cry Wolf by Farley Mowat. It's an old one, but really good. Mowat is such an engaging writer.

Comment

I'M WAITING FOR THE NEW STEPHEN KING BOOK, DUMAS KEY DUE OUT JANUARY 22ND. CANT WAIT
            Diagnosed, November 2005, Fingolimod FTY720 Study as of August 20, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Nor6263 View Post
              If anyone gets a chance, pick up Steven White, his books center around a therapist married to a Colorado District Attorney with MS, he must have someone close to him with it because he really gets it. The books are great reads, hard yo put down.
              The author himself has MS. I knew from the first of his books that I read that he actually knew something about MS. He sure does know about it, doesn't he?
              As far as possible without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Comment

Originally posted by Nor6263 View Post
                Is he the one who wrote Saturday? That was a fascinating book about one day in the life of a neuro-surgeon with a mystery thrown into it.

Comment

I just read a large brochure published by SkIO, the Skidaway Institute of Oceonography, in Savannah (actually on Skidaway Island). I'm a member of SkIO because I am fascinated by their research.

Also, my DH & I have enjoyed their Oyster Roasts! And I love walking on their Nature Trail, which accommodates my rollator. The trail ends at a pier, where I love getting a little breeze in my face and the sun at my back.

Comment

I'm actually reading two books. "Chicken Soup for the Grieving Soul", which Sandy sent me for Christmas. Then I am reading James Patterson's new one, "Double Cross". I really enjoy reading his books! TC
                    Karen
                    COFFEE IS THE ELIXIR OF LIFE,CHOCOLATE IS THE AMBROSIA

Comment

I just finished James Patterson's latest DoubleCross. Very good book! Can't wait for his next one!

Now I am on to the Patricia Cornwell's Book of the Dead and the last two by Vince Flynn.

Comment

"A Separate Peace" by John Knowles

Comment

The Lincoln Lawyer, by Michael Connelly

Comment

T is for Trespass by Sue Grafton
                            Smile! You could change someones day!

Comment

Originally posted by oreos23245 View Post
                              The Lincoln Lawyer, by Michael Connelly
                              Good book!

Comment

I also enjoy Vince Flynn. I need to pick up his latest book. I am currently reading Blood Dreams by Kay Hooper. I have read all of her recent books.

Comment

Working...
                                X