No announcement yet.

What are you reading now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to find a new book. I have read 2 in the last 3 weeks, but now I am stuck. I borrowed 2 Nora Roberts books from a coworker, but I cannot seem to keep track of the characters. My friend said I must be a person that reads for pleasure and to relax. Anyone else feel this way?

Comment

Originally posted by Ebookjunky View Post
      Started with Odd Thomas, just finished Forever Odd and am getting read to start Brother Odd.
      I enjoyed the Odd series.

I read Jon Katz Dog Year, which was very good. I think someone here on the board recommended his dog books.

Right now, I'm reading Christopher Moore Island of the Sequined Love Nun, which I think is very funny.

I'm also reading Bob Tarte Enslaved by Ducks, which has had me laughing out loud.
      MaryAnn

MS diagnosed 1989

Comment

Just finished reading The Exorcist Saturday night, excellent book (and at 35 years old, oldest book I have read in a while). Never read it before and never seen the movies, so things were still unknown to me. First book in a LONG time to make me go Wow at certain things. Liked the ending, was a happy ending in an uncommon way. Got lucky and found it at a library book sale so got it for 50 cents

Just started the newest Stephen King book, Blaze (under the Richard Bachman name), almost done. A bit on the short side for Stephen King, but enjoying it very much, almost done with it.

Also just started reading Sphere by Michael Crichton, still very little into the book, only read it on work breaks, and bringing a hardcover book to work isn't really very doable

Comment

Right now I'm reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn. I like it but I'm not sure if it lives up to some of it's glowing reviews. Maybe it will when I'm finished.

julieah

Comment

I just finished the "His Dark Materials" Trilogy by Philip Pullman. The Golden Compass is the first book in the trilogy, and they are making it into a movie that's coming out this holiday season.

If you like fantasy, it's not a bad story.
            Strength comes in all types of packages, even some you don't expect.

dx'd 2007

Comment

Just finished Marley & Me and am now reading The Audacity of Hope.

I picked up King's Blaze and started it... but it didn't catch my interest... I'll try some other time.

Niko
              "Avoid making irrevocable decisions when tired or hungry."
              -- Robert Heinlein

Comment

I just started reading the kite runner, for book club. So far i like it!!

Comment

This thread! duh.
                  —Cindy
                  For every day I want to play,
                  I set aside a day to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by AfterMyNap View Post
                    This thread! duh.
                    Hehe! Yep.
                    It's on my list too

Niko
                    "Avoid making irrevocable decisions when tired or hungry."
                    -- Robert Heinlein

Comment

I just started Mixed Blessings by Danielle Steel. It seems to be good.

Comment

'A long way down' - Nick Hornby. 7 completely different people met on a roof top, on New years Eve and they're all about to commit sideways. It's a bit old but I read another one of his, 'How to be good' and am sold on him now. He is a great writer and seems to have that gift which allows him to highlight the tragically funny things of life.

Comment

I've just started reading Paula Deen: It Ain't All About the Cookin' and I'm thoroughly enjoying her candor and her sense of humor.
                          Auntie Lori (SPMS, taking LDN since 8/04)
                          Everything in life is a trade-off.

Comment

Kite Runner is a great book. I read it in two days. Come to think I wasn't able to read book so fast in a long time. It must be really good book

Also I just read The Road by McCarthy. He is a great writer, but book is very strange and disturbing. It is very well written, just very dark. Good book

Comment

P.S. The Road is hard to read. It is very monotoned (I hope it is a word). My suggestion get an audiobook. It is great

Comment

I'm reading of all things Uncle Tom's Cabin because I have never read it and I just found a copy I must have bought a few years ago meaning to read it. Being a Civil War reenactor, I figure it is a "must read" for me. So far, it's really good and I can't put it down (although I did just now to check the forum...... ).
                                Polly
                                MS hit like a hammer out of the blue May 1, 2007
                                Life is hard, yard by yard, Inch by inch, it's a cinch.

Comment

Working...
                                X