No announcement yet.

What are you reading now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Truelove by Patrick O'Brian, #15 in the series. I discovered O'Brian a few years ago, and I absolutely love the old boats and sailors, battles and adventures.

Yellow Jack by John R. Pierce and Jim Writer, which is about Walter Reed and yellow fever. It was slow at first, but after awhile it got very interesting.

Good reading!
    MaryAnn

MS diagnosed 1989

Comment

'A Language before Words' by Derrick Jensen, about ecology (mostly).
      'The Blind Watchmaker' By Richard Dawkins.

Comment

Ok why has Auntie Lori become "unregistered"???
        One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered.

Comment

Looks like that happened to another member, too. I'm tellin' ya ... there are cyberspace gremlins wreaking a little havoc just for the fun of it.
          Auntie Lori (SPMS, taking LDN since 8/04)
          Everything in life is a trade-off.

Comment

Alyson, who is the author? I just love scary books!
            Well i couldnt seem to get into eaither one of the books i mentioned LOL. I had this book that my mother inlaw gave me a year ago called Divine Evil by nora roberts. Im just about finished with the book and its awsome. Does anyone else know of any other good nora robers book?

Comment

Ok I just got The Reagan Diaries it'll take me foreever to read but I can't wait!
              One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                'A Language before Words' by Derrick Jensen, about ecology (mostly).
                'The Blind Watchmaker' By Richard Dawkins.
                Actually, I posted this. I don't know why I'm unregistered suddenly......

Comment

la scrittore,the writer

by jim lacey

Comment

the romance of atlantis

by taylor caldwell

Comment

well im done with devine evil. It was a very good book. Now im reading the montel williams book~climbing higher.

Comment

I am halfway through The Sweet Potato Queens' 1st Big-A** Novel by Jill Conner Browne. I think it's great, lots of laughs.
                        MaryAnn

MS diagnosed 1989

Comment

I just recently read "For One More Day" by Mitch Albom. What a fantastic read! Its a very short book but its so packed with emotions. I had purchased it in hopes that my daughter would read it and have an "AHA" moment. She's a teenager and takes having a mother for granted I think. It's about a man who gets to spend one more day with his mom after she died. My mother is still alive, but GOSH, what would I do if I had the chance to have one more day with someone who's already passed.
                          Never give up. Never. Motivate. Dominate.

Comment

enjoy

the giver by lois lowry and the gift of story by clarissa pinkola estes

Comment

Originally posted by nicolenanina View Post
                              the giver by lois lowry and the gift of story by clarissa pinkola estes
                              When my kids were 'that age' they were all reading The Giver. It was even chosen as one of the Jr High book club books. Really deep and enjoyable for adults to read. Still waiting for sequel
                              wendy

Comment

Picked up Blue shoes and Happiness by Alexander McCall Smith in the airport. It's a charming graceful book. Can't wait to get others by the same author.
                                "Laughter is by definition healthy" Doris Lessing

Comment

Working...
                                X