Quote - "How does MS feel"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote - "How does MS feel"

Just found an online site called "how does MS feel.com" and it's kinda funny. Here are a few quotes: There are too many to list them all, so you should check it out!

Painful feet - Put equal or unequal amounts of small pebbles in each shoe then take a walk, if we are mad at you we would prefer needles to pebbles.

Spasticity - Hook bungee cords to your rear belt loops and rear pant leg cuffs then for your arms hook bungee cords to your shirt collar and cuffs on shirt sleeves then go dancing.

Foot Drop - Wear one swim fin and take about a 1/2 mile walk, nothing else needs to be said for this one, you'll get it.

Bladder Problems - We put a .5 liter remote controlled water bag and drip tube in your pants, we point out 2 restrooms in a crowded mall, then we tell you that you have 30 seconds before we activate the water bag (by remote control) to get to a restroom. Just for spite we may make that 20 seconds without telling you.

There are a lot more, but this is at the end.....

Heat Intolerance - You are on a nice vacation to Alaska. It's 35° outside and 65° inside. Light a fire for the fireplace and then get into it. Once you have reached about 110° tell me how you feel, even a person without MS would feel bad, now add all of the above symptoms - welcome to our world.

And finally - After subjecting yourself to the items above, let everyone tell you that you are just under a lot of stress, it's all in your head and that some exercise and counseling is the answer.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

ROFL I love them!! So true!
    Erin

doing the Limbo since 2005

Comment

OMG ..... way to funny... so very true.

Comment

Now that's the laugh I needed, thanks for finding these!

Comment

Wow! That was on point. Too funny.
          "Irrespective of what happened yesterday or last year, and what may or may not happen tomorrow, the present moment is where you are-always!"
          Richard Carlson, PH.D.

Comment

My former father-in-law used to always tell me that, with MS, I looked like there was nothing wrong with me.

I asked him to stop saying that the next time he simply said that the people he knows with MS look like they have nothing wrong with them.

I was angry so I told him "how would he know since there are diseases that do not manifest themselves with physical appearance. That is why cancer is so often missed until it is too late..."

Now my former father-in-law is in the hospital with pancreatic cancer; my three children ages six, five, and three adore him.

Comment

Working...
            X