Christmas Cheese Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Cheese Ball

1- Mix together equal amounts of cream cheese and Cheddar cheese, which has been softened or shredded.
    2- Mix together well, then add:
    3- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
    4- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
    5- dash of cracked pepper
    6- 1 tsp. milk
    7- 1/2 cup chives
    8- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
    9- Roll cheese into a log or ball on waxed paper and roll cheese.
    10- Sprinkle top with chives and paprika and cracked pepper.
    11- Top with pecans.
    12- Chill in refrigerator.

Lovingly hand written by Mrs. Cassiday

Added Note:-A thought occurred to me of how quaint referencing Mrs. Cassiday may appear. While Retha was growing up, Mr. and Mrs. Cassiday lived just past their back fence. After we moved to Retha's hometown, we lived in an apartment just over that same fence. Mrs. Cassiday always spoke with us when she saw us over the fence. Mr. Cassiday's health started to fail. One way Mrs. Cassiday spent her time while setting with her husband in hospital was to hand write in spiral bound notebooks recipes. After Mrs. Cassiday passed away, Retha and I met her son who was finalizing his parents home. There was a plastic hamper he told Retha she could have, if she wished. Within the next months, as we looked thru the notebooks, we became amazed at the wealth of information in such clear and interesting hand writing. We are very happy to share these with you all. Thank you for the forums and for allowing us to share here.

I'm glad you added that note. It makes these recipes more tempting to make.
    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Working...
    X