Healthy liver support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Healthy liver support?

With the DMD and medications that are processed in our liver, it can't be that great for the liver. I'm wondering, what do you take/do to help support a healthy liver?
    Jen

Milk Thistle is a good supplement to take for protecting the liver.

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...ighlight=liver

Comment

Thanks, I had heard of milk thistle, but wasn't sure. I will give that a try. Anyone know how much to take on a daily basis?
      Jen

Comment

Parsley juice + lemon every morning before breakfast. Very useful and natural.
        Just a dream and wind to carry me, soon I will be free...

Comment

Originally posted by MadamMarvelJen View Post
          Thanks, I had heard of milk thistle, but wasn't sure. I will give that a try. Anyone know how much to take on a daily basis?
          According to Andrew Weil, MD, "look for a standardized extract and follow the directions on the bottle."

Standardized extracts of herbs contain a specific amount of the active ingredient.

Dr. Weil specifically recommends Milk Thistle for people who are taking interferons.

Comment

Thanks, I went out today and got some milk thistle, NOW brand. I will start on it tomorrow.
            Jen

Comment

Thanks, I went out today and got some milk thistle, NOW brand. I will start on it tomorrow.
              NOW is a good brand. I use some of their supplements.

Comment

Do some research on Alpha Lipoic Acid.

Google:

alpha lipoic acid liver health

alpha lipoic acid multiple sclerosis

alpha lipoic acid Dr. Burt Berkson

Comment

Milk Thistle: True Nature Brand, 200mg a day in the evening. Evening just to not do all supplements at same time in morning.
                  Bill
                  Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

With the DMD and medications that are processed in our liver, it can't be that great for the liver. I'm wondering, what do you take/do to help support a healthy liver?
                    All good advice.
                    Another part of this is to have a free- flowing gallbladder. The liver needs to send its "waste" somewhere- GB needs to be open and bile free flowing.
                    This is accomplished by using the active form of B6: pyridoxal 5-phosphate. Can be taken seperately or better in a "whole" food B complex.
                    NutritionTara
                    Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Working...
                    X