Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ugh...fell off the gluten/dairy free wagon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh...fell off the gluten/dairy free wagon!

I am so made at myself, long week of work, dad's not home, kids wanted to have a sleepover with a friend, we ordered a pizza and that's all it took.

I can't believe how easy it was, where did my will power go?

I was going on 9 weeks...how long do you think it will take to detox it out?
    Opiegirl, Dx 1991
    Have never used DMD's.

LDN 9/2011-9/2012 & just started again 6/14
    Estriol 9/12-present
    Still Hopeful.

I guess the answer would depend on which theory you believe in for being GF.

The time for digestion varies slightly, but is pretty quick. I don't understand detoxing-sorry.

The damage is done, so to speak. If the digestion of those proteins trigger the immune system to believe they are a mimic in the blood is the question and also is the theory. My opinion/guess is that one time is not going to result in problems. If you continued, I believe, you would be adding to the risk greatly, and is the reason why we all remove gluten.

Hang in there. We are all human and make boo boos. "Will Power" can be tough when all you have is an occasional indulgence to get away from the drag some days. Besides if you were going to cheat, at least it was PIZZA. I hop it was at least some good pizza.

BTW, two of the pizza restaurants around where I live offer GF crusts. They also will use any topping, olive oil, etc. Check around. If not, the UDI's frozen pizza crust is great and might take care of that pizza craving.
    Don't be afraid of the waves- Focus on the MASTER walking on the water - you won't even SEE the waves

Comment

Well, opiegirl... we all fall down(literally!) and then we pick ourselves back up. Easy as that...

I have fallen off the GF/dairy free wagon a few times myself. (Chocolate cake at a party is my downfall.) I feel the effects if I continue this pattern and have learned the hard way to stick close to the diet. For me, once in a blue moon, doesn't hurt - any more, and I am in trouble.

So brush yourself off and get back on the wagon. It's an easier ride BTW, kudo's to you for trying and keep up the good work!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I am back on the wagon and feeling good.

Not sure what got into me, I was doing so well.

Thanks for the encouraging words.
        Opiegirl, Dx 1991
        Have never used DMD's.

LDN 9/2011-9/2012 & just started again 6/14
        Estriol 9/12-present
        Still Hopeful.

Comment

Don't beat yourself about it but learn from your transgression. Find out if there are GF pizza shops in your area or have some GF pizza shells ready in your frig. Udi's makes a crust so good I prefer it over the full on gluten pizza and swear it's as good as the pizza I've eaten in Rome! Just be prepared for the next time you are tempted. BTW, you can make a GF pizza at home faster than you get one from your local pizza shop.
          ~joni
          Diagnosed with RRMS in 2006 but plagued with symptoms for 25 years. Currently taking no medications, treating with diet and supplements only and successfully.

Comment

Originally posted by opiegirl View Post
            I am back on the wagon and feeling good.

Not sure what got into me, I was doing so well.

Thanks for the encouraging words.
            It was probably the smell of the pizza?

I am the only one in my house that is GF. When I buy fresh french or italian bread I have to put it in the trunk of my car to keep me from jonesing for it.
            The smell of fresh bread is almost irresistable.

Comment

Originally posted by jerseygirl55 View Post
              Don't beat yourself about it but learn from your transgression. Find out if there are GF pizza shops in your area or have some GF pizza shells ready in your frig. Udi's makes a crust so good I prefer it over the full on gluten pizza and swear it's as good as the pizza I've eaten in Rome! Just be prepared for the next time you are tempted. BTW, you can make a GF pizza at home faster than you get one from your local pizza shop.
              Where do you find the Udi's pizza crust? I saw that Redwings recommended the same brand. I recently went to my local Whole Foods & was having a hard time finding a pizza crust....

Comment

Originally posted by CocoH View Post
                Where do you find the Udi's pizza crust? I saw that Redwings recommended the same brand. I recently went to my local Whole Foods & was having a hard time finding a pizza crust....

If you cannot find it locally, you can buy most of their products on-line on Amazon. Or simply go to Udi's web site:

http://udisglutenfree.com/products/6...ee_pizza_crust
                Don't be afraid of the waves- Focus on the MASTER walking on the water - you won't even SEE the waves

Comment

Finally Found a Solution!

There is a gluten-free market place on-line. They sell the things I have craved for over a year. My weakness was soft pretzels and being from Philly they are everywhere. I found them at the on-line market and also pite bread. I am awaiting my first order tomorrow. I will let you know how it is. There are so many products fresh and frozen that can be shipped out.
                  Positive Possibilities

Comment

Working...
                  X