Spasticity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spasticity

I am taking 4000 MG D-3, B-50, Omega-3 1000MG, Potasium 500MG, C 500MG CoQ10- 100MG. I have Spasticity to the point that my right leg will not bend at the knee, especially when I need to get in a car. Could these supplements be hurting me or should I add to it?

The drugs like Baclophen etc just make me tired. I try to exercise 2-3 times per week but if I do to much i'm exhausted. I can stand, walk a little with aid but the drop foot makes it so difficult I use a power chair. I am a mess and can't seem to find answers. Please any advice would be appreciated!

Relating to being stiff

I too get stiffness in my legs esopeciallly when I try to stand from a chair of normal height--can't seem to get it done without holding on to something or someone...So I've been exercising to strengthen my core back muscles and practice standing from a slightly taller table...In the pool I do squats (about twenty)...it hurts but i'm still trying to strengthen muscles to move from sitting to standing...I take most the the same supplements ...but more..,.I think I may need to try a drug...maybe baclofen....I heard it was difficult to get the dosage correct..don't give up...talk to your neuro
    [I]Tellnhelen
    Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

You don't list any minerals?(except potassium) why are you taking that? Unless you're using a diurectic or do not eat ANY fruits or vegetables? I wouldn't have you taking a potassium by itself.
      You need a blend of calcium and magnesium: for spasticity a 1:1 ratio. And more omega 3 and EPA, DHA. These EFAs are important for the diffusion of calcium and magnesium into the tissues. I see woman on the "1500mg calcium" generic list and they have stiffness because the calcium is not mobilized into the tissues.
      Make sure the C has bioflavanoids in it.
      NutritionTara
      Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Working...
      X