SUPPLEMENTS FOR MUSCLE TENSION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUPPLEMENTS FOR MUSCLE TENSION

I stay tensed a LOT.. 24/7 which has caused tight neck/shoulders, tension knots in my neck... I find myself clenching my teeth. Is there any supplemenets to help with tension? Will the ALA/ALC help??

I don't have a lot of problems with fatigue... its a LOT of tension that gets to me. I feel tightness all in my head.

Right now I take Vitamin D3 - 2000 mg, (Calcium - 500mg, Magnesium - 250mg, Vitamin D3 400mg combo), Fish Oil

I tried the Copaxone - first injection did no go well. Well the injection was fine - the after effects - could not sleep, no appetitte, increased anxiety - just felt overall worst.

I noticed that ALP is one of the ingredients in Copaxone... interesting.. why can't we just take ALP???

Is L-Glutamin good for MS?

Ms. Jay

CORRECTION

I meant ALA one of the ingredients in Copaxone...
    I may give Copaxone another try...

Ms. Jay

Comment

Originally posted by futurmil2b View Post
      I meant ALA one of the ingredients in Copaxone...
      I may give Copaxone another try...

Ms. Jay
      I just doublechecked (I used to take Copaxone myself), and ALA (Alpha Lipoic Acid) is not one of the ingredients.

L-Alanine is, but that's not the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sequoia View Post
        I just doublechecked (I used to take Copaxone myself), and ALA (Alpha Lipoic Acid) is not one of the ingredients.

L-Alanine is, but that's not the same thing.
        Oh....I thought I read it was ALA... my mistake :-(

Ms. Jay

Comment

You could try increasing your magnesium intake. Magnesium is a natural muscle relaxer.

I take 400mg 2X/day for bladder muscle spasms (it's been a wonder drug for me), but since a muscle is a muscle is a muscle I don't see what it would hurt to try more magnesium. Get magnesium by itself, not in a combo.

Also, how is your water consumption? Perhaps increasing it would help?

Just a couple of thoughts that might help ...
          DX 10/2008
          Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
          Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
          Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

Originally posted by Toomnyhats View Post
            You could try increasing your magnesium intake. Magnesium is a natural muscle relaxer.

I take 400mg 2X/day for bladder muscle spasms (it's been a wonder drug for me), but since a muscle is a muscle is a muscle I don't see what it would hurt to try more magnesium. Get magnesium by itself, not in a combo.

Also, how is your water consumption? Perhaps increasing it would help?

Just a couple of thoughts that might help ...
            Thank you.. I will try the magnesium. I have some magnesium called Calm - its citrate.. I hope it helps.

Ms. Jay

Comment

Calcium contracts the muscle, magnesium relaxes. Start with 200mg 2x/day and increase it (if necessary) until your bowels loosen= too much, tolerance level.
              NutritionTara
              Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Working...
              X