Omega 3-6-9 smaller pills anywhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omega 3-6-9 smaller pills anywhere?

I take Omega 3-6-9 supplement, but dread taking it because the capsules are so large. It usually takes 2 or 3 tries to get it to go down whichs includes a gag reflex along with the attempts also!

I have tried looking into different brands, but they are all the same size that I have found.

Does anyone have any other suggestions to get my daily intake of Omega 3-6-9.

Thanks for any suggestions!
    Fall down seven times....get up eight!

Increase the Omega 3 in your diet, yes the pills are quite large.
    Bill
    Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

Could buy them in liquid form.
      Don't be afraid of the waves- Focus on the MASTER walking on the water - you won't even SEE the waves

Comment

You can also puncture the capsule on one end with a pin, then squeeze the contents into some food.

I question the usefulness of 3-6-9 capsules & oils, though. We get plenty of 6 from food...too much, really. Omega 3 capsules (fish oil) are readily available, or you can just eat the right kind of fish a couple of times a week. Omega 9 can be obtained by adding olive oil to your daily menu (if you don't already use it).

Comment

Standard Process Tuna Oil. The capsules are at least half the size of regular fish oil capsules.
          I'm not perfect....just forgiven!

Comment

Originally posted by rstowhee View Post
            Standard Process Tuna Oil. The capsules are at least half the size of regular fish oil capsules.
            Very cool!

I checked their website, and their tuna oil is 3rd-party tested for contaminants, which would have been my only concern.

Well, that and being dolphin-friendly.

Comment

I have been taking MegaRed pure Krill Oil. It doesn't give me that fishy burp like the others.

Comment

they have a omega 3 gummy vitamin now.
                DX: RRMS Jan 2010 -- LDN: Mar 2010-Dec 2010, Tysabri: Feb 2011 reaction, Gilenya: Aug 2011 reaction, Copaxone: Oct 2011 reaction, Tecfidera: May 2013 reaction

Comment

Try Mega Red. Smaller Caps. Omega 3 from Krill oil. You'll probably need to take more
                  [I]Tellnhelen
                  Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

The Carlson's liquid is the best tasting most cost efffective fish oil I've found. (Not on payroll).

I also can't swallow those torpedos!

Comment

I have problems with pills and food getting stuck in my throat, and the speech therapist who evaluated me told me to take pills with a thicker liquid; so I take them with either applesauce or a yogurt smoothie, which helps get them down easier. (My acetyl L-carntine capsule is even bigger than the Omega capsules!!)
                      Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
                      Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
                      Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Think I'm going to purchase the Carlson's liquid today (I've been on the swanson site checking it out, great reviews as noted above).

There is also another product that comes in a packet you squeeze out and take with different flavors that has good reviews for another alternative.

Comment

I use Standard Process' tuna oil caps because of their higher content of DHA, 400mg in 2 caps. There are a bit smaller than some others. They also have a Calamari oil with 800mg DHA in 1 tsp. The taste is fine, sounds gross. However its a professional product.
                          Like I said before: I've been encouraging everyone to increase they intake. There are some discussions of 2-3,000mg/day. I'm aiming for about 800-1200mg for most inflammatory and pain conditions. Unfortunately, I am unable to isolate results with my patients as they are other variables contributing to their progress.
                          NutritionTara
                          Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Working...
                          X