Food intolerance test..r they useless??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food intolerance test..r they useless??

I have read alot about them being useless n best way is just seeing wot foods produce symptoms ect...which may i add is vertually impossible!!
    Want to go on the supplement n paleo diet route but feel discouraged incase i hav intolerances.....soooo confused???

Originally posted by blondeyclaire View Post
    I have read alot about them being useless n best way is just seeing wot foods produce symptoms ect...which may i add is vertually impossible!!
    Want to go on the supplement n paleo diet route but feel discouraged incase i hav intolerances.....soooo confused???
    I've never read anything indicating food intolerance testing is useless. However, it's not 100% reliable and it's expensive.

Doing one of the diets that eliminates the foods to which most people are intolerant is indeed the best way to go, and it's not virtually impossible at all. I do it, and so do many other people (with and without MS).

You don't "see which foods produce symptoms" until you've been on an elimination diet for a substantial period of time and then begin to add food items back one by one, keeping careful track of your responses.

Having intolerances (if you do) is no reason not to go on the Paleo Diet. You don't need to know ahead of time whether or not you have intolerances.

Comment

IMO, yes. Save your money, do the Paleo for 2 mos. and see how you feel.
      NutritionTara
      Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Working...
      X