Essential Oils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Essential Oils

I recently went to a presentation on pure essential oils-- sponsored by someone whom I trust. The last post I could find here on the subject of oils was in 2009. I have since listened to a webcast of a doctor, which included testimonials from individuals with MS. I certainly will not stop my FDA approved therapies in favor of essential oils, but I am interested to find out more about oils such as Peppermint, Frankincense, Sandalwood.... The company suggests taking some of these oils orally as well as massaging them into the skin. (They claim that their brand is pure enough to take orally, but recommend AGAINST taking any other brand that way.)
    I realize the scientific studies on alternative therapies are scarce, but I also know that the drug companies are the ones with the money to conduct studies. Producers of natural medicine often lack the funding to do so.
    I would appreciate any and all insight!
    Dx 2/02 rrms

my opinion: I wouldn't recommend ingesting any essential oils. If you have a trained muscle testing practitioner; you can establish essential oils for someone's constitution. That can be strengthening for the person. And you can use oils for situations: lavender to relax, peppermint for alert..... I don't do em enough to be an authority.
    NutritionTara
    Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

I use two essential oil blends formulated for me by my daughter, who has had training in the subject.

Both are applied topically, not ingested. One blend is for muscle pain from spasticity, the other is for general relaxation. The first has rose geranium and something else I can't remember; the second has blue cypress and bergamot. The carrier for both is jojoba oil.

These oils wouldn't necessarily work for someone else (essential oil therapy is highly individualized), but they do have a positive effect on me.

Comment

Working...
      X