Juicer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juicer

I just bought my first juicer, the Jack LaLanne Power Juicer, and I love it. I have been told to watch the number of carrots I juice because it can cause you to look orange just from drinking the juice. I love carrots in everything but will cut back. Is this truly a problem or a wive's tale? Also, what things can I put in my juices to boost the effect even more. I must admit that I get such a energy bump, without the later crash, with my juices.
    "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

longtime juicer

i've been juicing a long time. started with the jack lalane. moved to a champion press type (no pulp). now i use a blended type juicer that liquefies the whole veggie/fruit which i feel is more beneficial.

carrots have been bred to be sweet so they tend to have lots of sugar. i like to mix in apples and beets (which i'd never eat) and kale. i'll drink stuff i'd never eat. enjoy. lots of recipes on the internet.

Comment

I'm still in Limbo so in Nov. I bought the juicer/emulsifier I'd seen on TV. Over the past years with mult. dental problems I hadn't been able to each veggies very well. Now I mix a combo of fruit and veggie and drink it daily-I also add greek yougurt in it and it has calcium and protein to boot !! I live it.! In June my brother was Dx with Prostate cancer and I had an awakening-he was one of the healthier of us 6!! I bought the book "Anti-Cancer a new way of life" and have made alot of changes in my choices. So many of my fruit and veggies are based on that. Within the first 2 weeks I had better memory, energy and slept better. And I was never hungry,and had no cravings
      Debbie

Comment

I have drank lots of carrot juice without turning orange. There is a book out there called hallujula acres which a guy healed his cancer with carrot juice.

Comment

Originally posted by rosepetals View Post
          I have drank lots of carrot juice without turning orange. There is a book out there called hallujula acres which a guy healed his cancer with carrot juice.
          Cancer can't be healed with carrot juice. The man may believe he healed his cancer that way, but there's no scientific evidence for carrot juice's ability to cure cancer.

Apart from turning orange (it would depend on how much is lots), too much carrot juice can be toxic to an already-damaged liver. I had a dear friend who--according to her oncologist--probably hastened her death from liver cancer by drinking way too much carrot juice.

Since MSers are prone to liver damage from the meds we take (including acetaminophen and ibuprofen), it's prudent for us to be judicious about the amount of carrot juice we consume.

Don't get me wrong...carrot juice is great stuff! Moderation in all things, though.

Comment

Thank you for your help! I will defininetly avoid too much carrot juice. I do love it though.
            "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

carrot juice was considered as one of the veggies that prevent cancer but reading one of the posts . hmmmmm i want to research more.

Comment

Originally posted by jingz23 View Post
                carrot juice was considered as one of the veggies that prevent cancer but reading one of the posts . hmmmmm i want to research more.
                Considered by whom? And with what evidence to support the claim?

Also, there's a big difference between preventing and curing.

Lastly, the fact that something is good for you (which carrots are) doesn't mean you can't get too much of it. Juicing carrots rather than eating them whole makes it easy to get too much of a good thing, for some susceptible individuals. That includes diabetics, since carrots have a very high glycemic index.

Comment

Working...
                X