Expert help on sups please :) xx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expert help on sups please :) xx

I suffer from vertigo at times and general balance probs but most annoying is leg n hand weekness esp on left side. Had this for 6 years n hav got on with life real easy but past week has really showed me how it must be progressing so im gonna do somethin about it for once

I just started the paleo diet no dairy, grains or crap basically lol! typical diet... BREAKFAST..fruit smoothie, handful nuts n seeds. I snack on fruit n these wicked things like apple crisps, parsnip n carrot crisps sooo good!! LUNCH..homemade soup, fruit and DINNER..veggies and lean meats pork, beef and chicken. My treat is pie made with ground almonds, coconut oil and apples bloody good and has no grains
    Its hard but i believe in it

I am wanting to add supplements but am soooo confused! got my list so far

flax seed oil
    fish oil
    probiotic with each meal
    vit b complex
    Vit D3 gettin my levels checked before embarking on this.

Can someone tell me when in the day to take these and most importantly how much of each? and anything else i need to add would help.
    More importantly is the fish oils, what ratio of EPA DHA daily...confuses the hell outta me!!!

I wanna do it right
    thanks xx

I suggest you google the following terms:

alpha lipoic acid multiple sclerosis

curcumin multiple sclerosis

magnesium multiple sclerosis

All three supplements have shown value in treating MS.

And while you're searching...

low dose naltrexone multiple sclerosis

Comment

I like your list and direction. Tara is the expert...this is my opinion:

1. Eliminate legumes (includes soy)
      2. Be careful about eating high oxalate foods (almonds are)
      3. Increase anti-oxidants (resveratrol is a good supplement)
      4. D3 is crucial

As knuckle already said the ALA is good for energy.

Stay with it- don't give up on diet because you don't see results (and don't cheat). For me it took time- like at least 8-months to feel any better. Ridding Legumes and High Oxalate foods were the key to improved health for me (the last pieces of the diet puzzle).

I wish you success on your diet journey to better health.
      Don't be afraid of the waves- Focus on the MASTER walking on the water - you won't even SEE the waves

Comment

Thanks for ur reply very helpful. Waiting on tara too lol x

Comment

Originally posted by blondeyclaire View Post
          Thanks for ur reply very helpful. Waiting on tara too lol x
          Just so you know, Tara usually checks in once a week or so to answer questions. She's very busy with her own nutritional consulting practice. It may be a few days yet before you get a response from her, but it's worth the wait.

Comment

Blondy, I commend you. Nutrition is the basic/minimum supplement. I like your diet.
            On the oils: we are upping the amounts recommendation on EPA, DHA and omega 3s. Its seems to continue to show positive results for inflammation, pain, maybe neurology.
            Amounts in the range of 2grams/day; 2,000, in divided doses with food. With that needs to be some GOOD antioxidants (those are missing from your regime). Bioflavanoids, ALA or I prefer DHLA, green tea extracts, Coq10 is also considered an antioxidant, pycnologenols (OPCs)..great for circulatory issues.
            You need some minerals ionized calcium & magnesium: citrate, lactate, fulvate: 1,000 : 500mg capsules only. More magnesium with spasticity issues.
            Whole food B complex. Vit D, don't wait for your results: 5,000iu/day...adjusted when you get your results. Oil in liquid or gel caps, never dry D. Recommended ranges for MS are now 110ng/ml. Good start
            NutritionTara
            Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Thank u so much everyone esp tara im really confident so time to get going and spending lol x

Comment

I don't know about the supplements, except that I take both alpha lipoic acid and acetyl L-carnitine for fatigue.

But I'd love to have your pie recipe, if you wouldn't mind sharing it. I'm probably going to be starting a gluten-free diet soon, and would love to have something I could treat myself to!

Thanks and hugs,

Lisa
                Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
                Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
                Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Working...
                X