Has anyone heard of EpiCor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone heard of EpiCor?

My brother just sent me an email asking about this product and I had never heard of it. It appears to deal with the immune system but I am seeking to learn what others know.
    I did a forum search but that turned up nothing.

Do others have any information? Have you tried it? Would it be something that those who avoid melatonin, for example, because of its effect on the immune system would want to avoid? Your thoughts? Thanks.

Just searching around I didn't find much either, but it is available on vitacost.com and is listed along with several brewer's yeast products.

I grew up in a household where my mom was an avid proponent of vitamins and various supplements. I recall her taking brewer's yeast. I was not given it because I was allergy tested and yeast was indicated as an allergen for me.

You should be cautious of anything that says it promotes a healthy immune system. Does that mean boost your immune system I always wonder? Not necessarily what I want to do.

I suggest reading up on related supplements such as brewer's yeast. Maybe this will be moved to the nutrition forum and Tara can give some input.

Comment

I don't know about Epi-Cor, but there's a recent thread here on Nutritional Yeast. Scroll down the page and you'll find it.

BTW, Nutritional Yeast, Brewer's Yeast and Torula Yeast are very similar to each other, but not identical. All are rich in B Vitamins (except B12 unless it's added), but the flavors are different. Most people find Nutritional Yeast more palatable than the others.

Comment

try this link

http://www.naturodoc.com/library/cancer/epicor.htm
        Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

IDK, no comment
          NutritionTara
          Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Working...
          X