Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still confused.

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse!!!

Originally, I was taking Max Stress B, but over the months realized that it did discolor my urine, so I stopped taking it. Because I feel this vitamin is important for me, I keep hounding it.

I took the post Tara had about what ingredients to look for and the only thing that comes up on google is Max Stress B.

Is it just me? Something about my makeup that determines this?
    I'm not perfect....just forgiven!

Hi rstowhee

I understand what you're saying.

I researched the Riboflavin and it seems as though it is not uncommon for it to discolor the urine somewhat. I'm pretty sure that I've seen somewhere that it's even used as a yellow food coloring. Part of the word is Latin ("flavus") meaning yellow.

Is Riboflavin listed on the Max Stress? I think it's also called B2?

The only other thing that I can think of is that B2, in the whole food form, doesn't have the Riboflavin in it?

Gosh, trying to be healthy shouldn't be this stressful!

Looking forward to seeing Tara's reply on why your Max Stress B's cause yellow coloring in the urine.

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

It is common for B vitamins to cause bright yellow in the urine. It's a different yellow than what is seen from lack of hydration.

I use a multi-vitamin which causes yellow urine. I switched to a powdered form of the multi-vitamin and it still happens.

When I have gone in for a urinalysis my PCP comments I must be taking B-vitamins
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

My understanding from Tara is the synthetic vitamins are difficult to process (esp. on the kidneys). The bright yellow indicates this.

I switched to the raw food/whole food B-Complex and no more yellow urine. These do cost twice the price of the synthetics, but my body is getting the benefit instead of just flushing away the synthetics.
        Don't be afraid of the waves- Focus on the MASTER walking on the water - you won't even SEE the waves

Comment

KoKo ~ it's listed as "B2 - riboflavin-5 phosphate form"

Twenty Miles ~ the latest I tried is Garden of Life Raw B and my urine is brighter yellow than when I was taking the Max Stress. (hence part of my confusion)

Max Stress nano-plex costs twice as much as the Raw B. It is also a liquid and tastes nasty! BUT, if it's the better B...then taste be dashed! Just knowing that my kidneys are already compromised, I'd really like to 'do no harm'!!

TX!

Comment

Confused too

I started taking the Garden of Life Raw B Complex, with the B2 Bright Yellow Urine.

So what have the rest of you decided to be the best. I need a B Complex as for I seriously don't get the most of my diet due to financial issues.
            Dx'd RRMS 7/12/2010, Back in the Prob. Pile 2/1/2011 "Jump, and you will find out how to unfold your wings as you fall”...Ray Bradbury

Comment

Figured it out

Never mind my above post. I figured it out. I was given a sample Protein Shake that I had never used before. That was it Riboflavin/B2 the package does not claim to be made natural non synthetic. Gluetin free etc yes but not made RAW
              Dx'd RRMS 7/12/2010, Back in the Prob. Pile 2/1/2011 "Jump, and you will find out how to unfold your wings as you fall”...Ray Bradbury

Comment

When you eliminate the Raw B-Complex, does you urine go back to normal?

Supplements are difficult to determine at times.
                Don't be afraid of the waves- Focus on the MASTER walking on the water - you won't even SEE the waves

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                  Hi rstowhee

I understand what you're saying.

I researched the Riboflavin and it seems as though it is not uncommon for it to discolor the urine somewhat. I'm pretty sure that I've seen somewhere that it's even used as a yellow food coloring. Part of the word is Latin ("flavus") meaning yellow.

Is Riboflavin listed on the Max Stress? I think it's also called B2?

The only other thing that I can think of is that B2, in the whole food form, doesn't have the Riboflavin in it?

Gosh, trying to be healthy shouldn't be this stressful!

Looking forward to seeing Tara's reply on why your Max Stress B's cause yellow coloring in the urine.

Take care,
                  KoKo
                  KoKo, Max stress B has riboflavin but its the active form sourced from whole food -- fermented from molasses.
                  Whole food -- all the coenzymes, co-factors, etc.. that make it "active" "live" which your body can utilize and not have to use its own enzymes to metabolize.
                  Synthetic Bs take from the body, whole food, live vitamins add to the system.
                  NutritionTara
                  Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Tara, now I'm confused too. I've done an extensive search, and according to what I've read large amounts of riboflavin will turn the urine yellow regardless of whether the source is natural or synthetic.

The root of the word riboflavin is, in fact, the Latin flavus--which means "yellow."

Would you care to comment?

Comment

I have no idea what these amounts are??
                      I suppose in extreme situation; riboflavin could flush through the kidneys and cause yellow urine.
                      On a daily basis are you ingesting whole food complexes or synthetic substances stressing your (non-replaceable) kidneys?
                      The active vitamin, only available from the whole-food form, is beneficial to the body.
                      NutritionTara
                      Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Twenty Miles ~ my urnine returned to normal the day I stopped taking the Raw B complex.

Max Stress B didn't turn it quite as bright but there was still a change in color.

Comment

Originally posted by nutritiontara View Post
                          - fermented from molasses.
                          So fermented from molasses is good.....? Which means whatever coloring is induced by Max Stress B should be okay?

Comment

Working...
                          X